found out what's wrong. run installer once, and make sure you don't leave the / at the end of the address
    2007-10-11 08:52 PM
    me too, i cant get step 3 to work and yes i did use apptapp
    Got my new iphone with 1.1.1. out of the box, downgraded using iTunes 7.3.2 with the 1.0.2. Firmware, got the "Slide for Emergency" back, used App Tapp 2.4 selecting the 1.0.2. FW, got the error and Ran again. Now my iPhone started rebooting and showing the yellow yield and Connect to iTunes, rebooting again and again. I don't get the look for updates button on iTunes. I've tried the endless_reboot via terminal but every time I get a bus error. I can stop the phone from rebooting pushing the sleep/wake button (just truns the phone off)

Anyone knows what can I do?
    Thanks
    2007-10-12 12:00 AM
    HEY REVAN...can you help me figure out why my winscp keeps telling me network error:connection refused after i did the jailbreak and ssh on my iphone....i followed all the instructions over and over and over.....ive tried everything ive read off here to fix it but nothing works......what is the deal.....everything went smooth until now....HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP.....Ill be your slave....
    2007-10-12 02:05 AM
    5. Using your favorite browser, download the v1.0.2 software from this location. You may need to rename to .ipsw if it comes as a .zip

This is where i get stuck
    i download it
    it opens as a zip and turns into a file, its now on my desktop as "iPhone 1,1_1"

i dont know which file to change to ipsw? its a folder with files in it, i also dont know which file to select from iTune while holding down "Option"?? please help....
    2007-10-12 03:34 AM
    5. Using your favorite browser, download the v1.0.2 software from this location. You may need to rename to .ipsw if it comes as a .zip

This is where i get stuck
    i download it
    it opens as a zip and turns into a file, its now on my desktop as "iPhone 1,1_1"

i dont know which file to change to ipsw? its a folder with files in it, i also dont know which file to select from iTune while holding down "Option"?? please help....
    In order for the file to not automatically open after you download it, you have to turn off the "Open safe files after downloading" option in Safari preferences.

Hope this helps.
    2007-10-12 03:58 AM
    works...... have 1.0.2 on desktop, i go to iTunes i install using this version...error... exit, use AppTapp installer, it says this will take 2-3 minutes please be patient.... i wait for about 1-2 min itunes pops up, phone is on for about 2 seconds, goes back to error screan AppTapp has not changed at all during this process, it still says this will take 2-3 min etc.... ive been waiting now for 10 min, nothing has happened error screan on iPod, AppTapp Installer is now copying the required files to your iPhone.... Still waiting (ive tried 2 times now???)

----added there is no yellow error triangle, its the connect cabble with the arrow pointing to the iTunes icon (this is on the iPhone)
    Last edited by p8ntballerchuck; 2007-10-12 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-12 04:28 AM
    cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1
    cp: /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1: Permission denied
    ANY HELP?????
    2007-10-12 10:53 AM
    no idea what that is :/

i was reding another forum, about someone with the same problem as me and he just coulnd get passed the same point, after reading the whole thread he seemed to get further than i did but was still stuck with AppTapp..... no idea....
    2007-10-12 03:37 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD