Hi,
    I tried to pwn my iphone and something went wrong. Now it is totally dead and won't restart or be recognized by my mac. Anyone have any clues in how to get it back up and running to reinstall the firmware??? THANKS!
    2008-04-06 08:51 PM
    thats why i will not pwn my iphone until other updates.
    2008-04-06 09:04 PM
    i upgraded w/out the pwn tool, and got the emergency screen.. I had to hold down the power and home key till itunes recognized it, then reinstalled 1.1.4 using ziphone tu get phone into dfu mode.. Just keep messing w/ the buttons (hold em down).. Good Luck.. You, will however be stuck w/ the 2.0 baseband..
    2008-04-06 09:40 PM
    I've been trying that for the last 24 hours. No combo of buttons that I try will power up the iphone into any mode whatsoever. Also I've been trying with and without the charger plugged in. The battery was 100% charged when it went dead too.
    2008-04-06 10:03 PM
    Have you tried plugging the iPhone into the computer, then hold down the two buttons and keep holding them until it shows the connect to iTunes? It has to be connected too in order to go into that mode (as opposed to keep restarting and only showing the apple logo).
    2008-04-07 03:41 AM
    DFU mode is when you hold the sleep button and the home button untill you see the apple and then the screen goes black take your finger of the sleep button but keep holding the home button for at least 10seconds itunes will recognize your phone in DFU mode.

HappyModding
    2008-04-07 03:49 AM
    Try going into recovery mode on another computer.
    A Thanks is always nice =]
    2008-04-07 04:00 AM
    same thing happened to mine, and i found out what i did wrong... i accidentally put the ipod touch firmware on, instead of iphone. anyone know how to fix it? i cant put it into dfu mode to rewrite the firmware... suggestions please! TIA
    iPhone 3G 16gb white with 3.0b5
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb
    dell mini9 hacked with os x 10.5.6
    2008-04-07 04:05 AM
    that happened to be but user error i clicked the link on the thread that was for 1.1.4 touch fw and installed it on my iphone. check the fw u installed on it.

yes, I thought the phone was dead at first no back light just black screen no matter what i pressed. Then I noticed after leaving the phone plugged into the computer and holding pressing power button and trying to put it in recovery mode that itunes kept launching. it was hard to do but i finally got it into recovery mode screen was still black though i just waited till itune prompted me that it recognized an iphone in recovery mode. Anyways restored with 1.1.4 fw for iphone then re pawnd and installed beta fw everything is working great now. Anyways sorry if i typed a story but check the fw you installed on your phone. Just really excited to try pawn app that i got in a hurry and over looked stuff lol.
    Last edited by surfer01; 2008-04-07 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-07 04:08 AM
    do you know exactly how long you have to hold the buttons until it would turn off... bring up the silver apple logo... bring up the connect to itunes screen. that way im hoping i could just count how long it takes since i cant see the screen without the back light. thanks
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb
    2008-04-07 04:13 AM
    i counted to 9 i think holding power and home then let go of pwr and held home till itunes recognized recovery.
    2008-04-07 04:16 AM
    Go into DFU mode (you might be in it already), if you can't get the computer to notice the iPhone then keep holding in the two buttons until (in the meantime restart that computer and change the usb port you used).

After that restore into 1.1.4 and add iclarified's installer source and install Baseband Downgrader 1.2 and your own your way.
    2008-04-07 04:19 AM
    do you know exactly how long you have to hold the buttons until it would turn off... bring up the silver apple logo... bring up the connect to itunes screen. that way im hoping i could just count how long it takes since i cant see the screen without the back light. thanks
    Let me know if you get it working good luck.
    2008-04-07 04:32 AM
    DFU Mode
    2008-04-07 04:50 AM
    yeah i got it working, i just held both buttons for 10 seconds then let go of sleep button and kept holding home for 10 more seconds then let go. went in itunes and restored with 1.1.4 then, went through ipwntool and started fresh, with the IPHONE software.. haha. i didnt even pay attention when i put the ipod firmware on... feel like an idiot. but its all good now. thanks for the help everyone!
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb
    2008-04-07 04:59 AM
    DFU DFU DFU~~~ Is your [email protected][email protected][email protected]@

It Is What It Is...
    2008-04-07 06:57 AM
    I still can't get mine to work.... It just shows up in itunes as an ipod (when it actually senses the iphone) Then I try to restore it and it tries to give me ipod touch firmware, so i hold down option and try to flash the 1.1.4 firmware for the iphone and the restore feature quits for "unknown" error. I don't know what to do now.....restore wont work.
    2008-04-07 05:20 PM
    I still can't get mine to work.... It just shows up in itunes as an ipod (when it actually senses the iphone) Then I try to restore it and it tries to give me ipod touch firmware, so i hold down option and try to flash the 1.1.4 firmware for the iphone and the restore feature quits for "unknown" error. I don't know what to do now.....restore wont work.
    Have you tried to use iLiberty or Ziphone to kick out your phone into normal mode?
    If I could help you with my answer give me a
    2008-04-07 05:45 PM
    yup, they give me errors....or they can't "sense" the phone...
    2008-04-07 07:27 PM
    Have you tried to run Ziphone from the cmd prompt entering ziphone -e and then ziphone -D (case sensitive) and then try restoring to 1.1.4?

Thus is my last idea...
    If I could help you with my answer give me a
    2008-04-07 07:47 PM
24 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.