after uploading the custom 1.1.4 firmware thro iTunes the phone is stuck on pinapple
    Cannot shutdown or do anything else
    Please Help!
    2008-04-08 10:55 PM
    Try starting the phone in DFU mode, and then connect to itunes. Do a restore to the stock 1.1.4, and you should be good to go.
    2008-04-08 11:02 PM
    i am not able to change the mode of the phone sleep/wake button does not respond
    i also tried to put it in DFU mode using ziphone but it is not able to find the phone
    2008-04-08 11:03 PM
    Does itunes recognize the phone at all?
    2008-04-08 11:08 PM
    nop none of the programs recognize the connected phone
    2008-04-08 11:10 PM
    double check and make sure you did not accidently restore with an ipod touch's firmware.

also, try putting the phone into DFU manually by holding both the sleep/wake button and the home button
    2008-04-08 11:11 PM
    ^^ ya he said that the sleep and home buttons aren't responding when trying to get into DFU mode.
    2008-04-08 11:13 PM
    definitely don't mean to start an argument but he said sleep/wake button so i have a picture of him only pressing the sleep/wake button, and not with the home button as well
    2008-04-08 11:16 PM
    i am used the 1.1.4 iphone firmware to create the custom firmware

after trying to manually enter the DFU mode ie holding sleep and home button the phone just goes blank for a sec and returns to the Pineapple logo
    the buttons dont seen to be responding
    2008-04-08 11:17 PM
    Try connecting to itunes while entering DFU mode.
    2008-04-08 11:17 PM
    the question is how do i enter the DFU mode or even restore mode for that matter
    2008-04-08 11:21 PM
    yup, just like wine guy said. looks like your wake/sleep button does work. i've only put my phone into DFU once and that was totally by accident but i believe what you want to do is press and hold both the sleep/wake button and hom button for 10 seconds then let go of the sleep/wake button but continue to hold the home button and plug your phone into the usb cord. pls correct me if i'm wrong

restore mode is have your phone plugged in when it's still on and hold and press both buttons until the recovery mode picture shows up which in your case will be that image of steve jobs
    Last edited by jtesnani; 2008-04-08 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-08 11:22 PM
    yup, just like wine guy said. looks like your wake/sleep button does work. i've only put my phone into DFU once and that was totally by accident but i believe what you want to do is press and hold both the sleep/wake button and hom button for 10 seconds then let go of the sleep/wake button but continue to hold the home button and plug your phone into the usb cord. pls correct me if i'm wrong

restore mode is have your phone plugged in when it's still on and hold and press both buttons until the recovery mode picture shows up which in your case will be that image of steve jobs

Nothing happens as i have mentioned both the buttons are not responding
    have i bricked the phone???
    2008-04-08 11:35 PM
    Try a different version of ziphone, or a different app to try to reboot the phone. YOu can try iliberty.
    2008-04-08 11:36 PM
    Thanks for all your help
    after keeping the sleep and home button pressed for about7-8 min phone finally shut down and then started the phone while keeping both button pressed and then kept the home button pressed for another 7-8 min it entered the restore mode
    i think never before was i so happy to see steve jobs pic on my phone
    2008-04-09 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD