I pwned my iPhone while on firmware 1.14 and irt worked just fine. I then created a custom image for my 2.0 beta (5A225c) and restored this to the iphone. This worked fine and I now have all of the new firmware's functionality EXCEPT I do not have any cellular service. I followed all instructions perfectly, not sure what might have went wrong. I think I did lose the service even after I pwned my iphone on 1.14, but I cannot be sure as I immediately proceeded with the upgrade as soon as I got the 1.14 unlocked.

How do I restore this back? What utility do i run? The iphone is unlocked and activated, just no service.

Please assist.

Thanks!
    2008-04-12 08:35 PM
    go back to 1.1.4 and unlock (yes unlock on at&t). You'll have to get the bootloader files from somewhere to unlock it though.
    2008-04-12 09:52 PM
    Build the IPSW again in expert mode and turn off the 'activate this phone' checkbox... worked for me.
    2008-07-21 02:52 AM
    i had this happen too. restored to regular 2.0, then pwnaged with a ipsw built in simple mode, not expert. everything works great.
    2008-07-21 03:25 AM
    Build the IPSW again in expert mode and turn off the 'activate this phone' checkbox... worked for me.
    ditto this. That checkbox is for "hacktivation," if I'm not mistaken. You don't need that if you're a standard AT&T customer. iTunes will activate your jailbroken iPhone just fine.

I'd like it if the dev team would add a simple checkbox early in the step-by-step process, so we can skip the steps that are unnecessary for standard AT&T customers with regular plans. There should be no need for us to download bootloader files, and we should never have to see the checkbox for activation. That's not "grandma-proof."
    2008-07-21 05:45 AM
    How do I restore to regular 2.0? Do I need to DFU the phone or just restore in iTunes. I pwnaged my phone followed all the instructions but have no service also.
    2008-07-21 03:50 PM

I'd like it if the dev team would add a simple checkbox early in the step-by-step process, so we can skip the steps that are unnecessary for standard AT&T customers with regular plans. There should be no need for us to download bootloader files, and we should never have to see the checkbox for activation. That's not "grandma-proof."
    its there at the top of the tool. you can choose 'simple' or 'expert' mode, right off the bat.

How do I restore to regular 2.0? Do I need to DFU the phone or just restore in iTunes. I pwnaged my phone followed all the instructions but have no service also.
    i did a regular restore to stock 2.0 and then a DFU pwnage to modified 2.0. worked great.
    Last edited by linuxnoob; 2008-07-21 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-21 06:20 PM
    its there at the top of the tool. you can choose 'simple' or 'expert' mode, right off the bat.

i did a regular restore to stock 2.0 and then a DFU pwnage to modified 2.0. worked great.
    Can you please link me to where I could find this modified 2.0 and how I do a DFU pwnage? Im on 2.0 already and a att customer

Thanks
    2008-07-21 09:39 PM
    the pwnage tool and the guide on the front page walks you through the steps for creating your custom 2.0 ipsw and for entering DFU mode to load the firmware. my only recommendation is to use the simple mode (top left check box) and when it asks if you are a legit iphone user? click yes so that you will remain activated on ATT.
    2008-07-21 11:11 PM
    I had the same problem I just rebuilt the firmware using simple mode and all worked just fine.

I was running pwned 2.0 with no service then I built the new one using simple mode and restored. All seems to be working again.
    2008-07-22 01:15 AM
    I built a new file and unchecked the activation, reinstalled and all is working fine
    2008-07-22 02:25 PM
    so i have to check off "activate" even though i dont have a real iphone plan?
    im on ATT but am using a blackberry plan.
    tried reloading the custom firmware with the box "activate" checked off
    but i go no service.
    if i uncheck "activate" wouldnt that make me activate the phone legit through itunes?
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo
    2008-08-09 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD