User Tag List

Ok... I wasn't sure where to put this, but... here goes...

I have Pwned my phone... and now I have the pineapple logo which is standard... I would now want to change the pineapple logo to another logo... I was wondering can if there is a way to change the logo without creating another custom firmware and restore the iphone again?
    2008-04-17 12:59 PM
    My understanding is that you will have to create another custom firmware to change logo. Thats why i am going to wait for all features to be enabled in winpwn so i will not have to restore again when they get all features enabled.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!
    2008-04-17 01:15 PM
    i thinks that if you restore back to an Untouched (ORIGINAL) ipsw firmware file you will got default logo's or nOt?
    2008-04-17 03:46 PM
    i thinks that if you restore back to an Untouched (ORIGINAL) ipsw firmware file you will got default logo's or nOt?
    So.. no way of changing without restoring then?
    2008-04-17 05:31 PM
    Nope... you have to restore to change the logo.
    2008-04-17 05:34 PM
    Nope... you have to restore to change the logo.

That sucks... oh well.. I guess I have to wait for firmware 2.0 in June.. hahah
    2008-04-17 10:22 PM
    actually, there is a way to change the boot logo and recovery image without restoring your phone. heres what you do (you need both PC and mac tho .... )

- Download this Firmware Tool (more info here) that allows you to convert .png files to .img2 files (.img2 files are the files that the PwnageTool uses for boot and recovery)

- Convert your custom pics to the .img2 format with names 'logo.img2' and 'recovery.img2'

- 'Show Package Contents' of PwnageTool 1.1

- Navigate to '/Contents/Resources/iPwner/'

- Replace the 'logo.img2' and the 'recovery.img2' files with your custom ones

- Put your iPhone into recovery mode

- Open PwnageTool

- Select Firmware

- Select iPwner (re-pwn your iPhone if you already pwned it)

- Done!

Now you have new custom boot and recovery logos WITHOUT restoring your iPhone.

Havent actually tried the FirmwareTool that i listed above bc I already have my custom boot/recovery images but it should do the trick
    Last edited by skeredmobile; 2008-04-17 at 10:52 PM.
    2008-04-17 10:45 PM
    actually, there is a way to change the boot logo and recovery image without restoring your phone. heres what you do (you need both PC and mac tho .... )

- Download this Firmware Tool (more info here) that allows you to convert .png files to .img2 files (.img2 files are the files that the PwnageTool uses for boot and recovery)

- Convert your custom pics to the .img2 format with names 'logo.img2' and 'recovery.img2'

- 'Show Package Contents' of PwnageTool 1.1

- Navigate to '/Contents/Resources/iPwner/'

- Replace the 'logo.img2' and the 'recovery.img2' files with your custom ones

- Put your iPhone into recovery mode

- Open PwnageTool

- Select Firmware

- Select iPwner (re-pwn your iPhone if you already pwned it)

- Done!

Now you have new custom boot and recovery logos WITHOUT restoring your iPhone.

Havent actually tried the FirmwareTool that i listed above bc I already have my custom boot/recovery images but it should do the trick
    Right.. this seems interesting.. I have both PC and Mac..

I have tried downloading the FT.exe but I do not know how to use it. It just flashes the ms dos box and then quits when I double click it.
    2008-04-17 11:50 PM
    I use this and it works perfectly.. keeps all custom apps etc, will just change logos..

iPhone News & Review Blog Archive Quick Pwn Beta
    2008-09-14 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD