I am having trouble finding a help guide for the pwnage tool, I saw the video that guides through it. I would like a guide that explains everything and what I need to do, I only want to jailbreak my iphone I do NOT want to unlock it. Can anyone help me, and can someone tell me if pwnage is thebest to use for jailbreaking? I would like someone who has either used the tool or knows allot about it. Thanks everyone!
    2008-04-21 06:33 PM
    There's help on the app itself... just don't choose neuter and you'll be fine
    2008-04-21 07:45 PM
    Ok what does neuter do? How do you jailbreak only? Is there an option to jailbreak or will it do it automatically if I just turn the phone off and turn it back on with the pwnage tool app open? Can someone give me a site I can find the information for just a jailbreak on? Thanks
    2008-04-21 07:55 PM
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...e_Guide_PWN_It

Here's an easy guide
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3
    2008-04-21 08:17 PM
    Thanks allot for the info, now another question how safe is pwnage cause I saw some people who posted that their phone got bricked and all! I really don't want my phone to get bricked or become all messed up. So how safe is this, and is there a way for me to fix it all if something goes wrong? thanks
    2008-04-21 08:34 PM
    PWNAGE is completely irreversible and after pwnaing and iPhone with iPwner, all the modifications on the iPhone are done straight from iTunes, you just restore normal firmwares. The thing that bricks peoples iPhones is:

1) using the tool with a firmware other than 1.1.4
    2) interrupting the flashing process of iPwner and/or the ROM flashing app placed in the iPhone by Pwnage tool which enables you to change the SIM lock state of the iPhone and the Bootloader version.

if you do neither of those I can guarantee that you will be 100% safe. try reading the guide in the link I gave you before pwning so that you can have an idea about what goes on and how you can do it.

If you have any questions regarding this issue, contact me from this thread. I'll be watching it.
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3
    2008-04-21 09:17 PM
    Thanks I'll read the link and then post if I have questions, thanks allot for your help!

Ok I read the whole link, I still have questions. I want to unlock the iphone to use thrid party apps so what would I do? Would I use the boot neuter or what would be the best options for me? And if something went wrong and I needed to restore back to a pre-jailbreak could I do that? Also how do I get the apps and things onto the phone after jailbreaking? thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by e_stokes; 2008-04-21 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-21 09:55 PM
    Pwnage is the easiest iPhone jailbreaking/unlocking software I've ever used.
    2008-04-21 10:40 PM
    So how do I jailbreak the phone to use third party apps? Do I use the boot neuter or not?
    Can someone answer my previous post please? Thanks
    2008-04-22 02:44 PM
    BootNeuter is only to unlock the phone and use it with any SIM Card. If you want only to Jailbreak your phone, select NOTHING at the BootNeuter window when you are doing your custom .ipsw.

Or Better use another method. I tink that Ziphone is unsure only for Unlock, not for Activate or Jailbreak. U can also use iJailbreak 0.6 or iLiberty to do it.

For Pwnage you have an intensive FAQ on Hackintosh iPhone Forum.

(sorry for my siouxglish) ;-)
    2008-04-22 07:00 PM
    So are you saying that ziphone would be better to use if I want to jailbreak? I only want to jailbreak with pwnage and thats it. Can anyone give me a guide that will show me how to jailbreak only?
    2008-04-22 11:50 PM
    Why you dont read the FUQ FAQ?

;-)
    2008-04-23 12:49 AM
    Ok I looked on the FAQ of that site and its all forum just like this, all I want is to jailbreak my iphone with pwn and need a guide that will show me how to do a jailbreak and not a jailbreak and unlock.
    2008-04-23 01:20 AM
    Hackint0sh > iPhone > PwnageTool
    [PwnageTool] FAQ and How To Guide

Can I just jailbreak ONLY?
    Yes - don't tick any boxes on the firmware options and it will ONLY jailbreak your phone.

As I had told you at 7:00 PM

Tsk, tsk.
    2008-04-23 01:58 AM
    Ok thanks. I'm sorry for all the questions I am just new at jailbreaking and all this. So after I just jailbreak is it easy to install the apps and all? Do I use my phone to download third party apps or my computer to my phone? Thanks for the help Yul, its much appreciated.
    2008-04-23 05:07 PM
    When you Jailbreak your phone, an app called Installer appears. You can install all the apps with Installer. Look for an illustrated tutorial to know the Installer use. Is so easy but is difficult to guide you if you dont have it now. You must begin installing Community Sources, for the basic Sources, BSDSubsystem, required for most of the apps, and OpenSSH, the protocol for access into your phone filesystem with wifi.

Look at this, f.e., to know the Installer aspect and how to ad new sources to it: http://www.simplehelp.net/2008/03/28...or-ipod-touch/

And remember: Googling u can goog everywhereg.
    ;-)
    (Sorry for my siouxglish)
    2008-04-23 05:29 PM
    Thanks a lot, I will jailbreak my phone later and then follow the guide you gave me. Thanks a lot Yul.

Hey one last question, do I still click the tick to activate and the custom images? I am still only wanting a regular jailbreak and nothing else. Thanks

Can anyone tell me should I tick the activation and custom images if I just want to jailbreak my iphone? And can anyone tell me if there is a possibility that apple could brick all jailbroken iphones from software updates and such?

Could someone please tell me if I am only doing a jailbreak with pwnage tool, do I check to activate or not? And is there any possibility that apple could brick my iphone in later updates? Thanks.
    Last edited by e_stokes; 2008-04-25 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-25 02:17 AM
    This thread should be merged with Pwnage OSX User Guide (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98931) and several others.

Maybe a sticky post with a table of contents for the most requested / reported problems/issues? That sticky could lead to others for each software, etc.

While there are several nice "guides" out there (see listed one above), I would like to see a guilde give the reasoning behind the options (e.g., why choose a bootloader like the 3.9 or 4.6, etc..) rather than just the how...

If comments were added to these guides, peeps might be able to figure more out on their own. Then again...
    2008-04-25 02:37 PM
    Yeah thats why I'm posting so many questions and all. I just want a guide that tells me what does what, and how to use pwnage to jailbreak only, and a guide that takes you through every use (unlocking, etc...) Either way thanks for the input but I need someone to answer my questions.
    2008-04-26 01:20 AM
    Ok I looked on the FAQ of that site and its all forum just like this, all I want is to jailbreak my iphone with pwn and need a guide that will show me how to do a jailbreak and not a jailbreak and unlock.
    This whole site is pretty much forums READ PLEASE
    2008-04-26 04:07 AM
46 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD