So everytime that I launch this, it bounces for a min and then just stays in the dock. Any ideas?
    2008-07-20 05:39 AM
    Same problem here
    Intel Macbook running latest Leopard.
    2008-07-20 05:49 AM
    I'm also getting this. This is a G4 Powerbook. Anyone know what the reqs on this are?

I sure hope this is PPC compatible.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."
    2008-07-20 05:54 AM
    Well according to my structural analysis of the tool, it is a universal binary, meaning it should work on both my Intel and your PPC.

Hmmm.

If anybody could supply me a custom firmware file with the following:

1g (Original iPhone), unlocked, activated and jailbroken
    I'd be forever grateful to them!
    Last edited by HammyHavoc; 2008-07-20 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-20 06:09 AM
    Same problem on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.4.

I'd appreciate any help - I'm stuck using a Blackjack II since I upgraded to 2.0 before checking if the application would actually launch.
    2008-07-20 06:15 AM
    ################################################## ###################
    Custom IPSW 2.0 for iPhone 2G #################(NOT 3G)##################
    RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace...

Activate the phone : YES
    Baseband Update : NO
    Disable Partition Wipeout : YES
    Root Partition : 500MB
    Neuter Bootloader : YES
    Bootloader update : NO
    Unlock Baseband : YES
    Auto Delete BootNeuter.app : YES
    Cydia Installer + Recommended sources for Cydia + BigBoss Rep
    Custom Logos : NO (sorry dev team,I prefer the Apple one )

worked for hwrevd1 on PC

Put your iPhone into DFU mode, connect to iTunes, then input the custom firmware.
    2008-07-20 06:15 AM
    File not found
    2008-07-20 06:24 AM
    won't start for me either 10.5.4

will try with girlfriends macbook pro later
    2008-07-20 06:25 AM
    I'm going to try booting off a SuperDuper 10.5.3 backup later tonight and see if that makes a difference.
    2008-07-20 06:32 AM
    I am having a similar problem.

I am on intel, and it does launch... but then it just sits there. It doesn't do anything. I can switch to the app.. but it just says PwnageTool in the menu bar and I get nothing else...
    I tried this on my wife's mac book and my macbook pro.. same thing..

Anyone?? help!
    Last edited by LaPistola; 2008-07-20 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-20 07:56 AM
    same problem here.. damn..
    2008-07-20 09:12 AM
    Force quit, restart your MAC, Iphone unplugged open the tool.

Dont run through a network.. I suggest running on your Desktop with all of the BL..Bin and Ipsw files with it..

I had the issue as well that fixed it for me..
    2008-07-20 09:26 AM
    thnx boomersmech, but i already tried that and it didn't help.. can anyone up custom firmware again?
    2008-07-20 09:47 AM
    I am also getting the bouncing / non-launching PwnageTool 2.0. Mac pro dual xeon, Leopard 10.5.4, iTunes 7.7, ati graphics. also doesnt work on my macbook core duo.

works on my mac pro via screen sharing at work - but i cant plug in my iphone remotely..... its just a mac pro up to date everything except nvidiea 8800 graphics - cant think of much else different

ive tried to kill several processes / trouble shoot something that may be conflicting but cant figure a thing out. rebooted, cleaned cache, redownloaded file, unziped with many programs all types of stuff with no success.. thanks for the help guys! - please can anyone find a solution?!?!
    2008-07-20 10:27 AM
    Hi, I recently joined the forum, and this is my 1st time to post message here.

I have the same problem of pwnage tool 2.0 bouncing in the dock, and not launching. Actually, it can not be terminated from the file menu or command+q, so I have to forcibly finish it with command+alt+esc.
    When I checked console log and system log, the whole activities are not recorded on both logs.
    I did double check using my older pwanage tool (1.1), that my iPhone was in DFU mode, and these activities have been recorded in console log.
    So... does it mean the newer pwnage is not recognized on my mac for some reason?

My mac is Power book G4 (the last one), Tiger(10.4.11), iTunes 7.7, iPhone 1.1.4 (16GB).
    2008-07-20 02:01 PM
    From BigBoss: Pwnage 2.0 Guide - iPhone News & Review

Note: some folks having problems loading the pwnage tool and the icon just sits there bouncing. You may try clearing your cache by deleting the {your name}/Library/Caches folder and/or /Library/Caches and reboot. You may also try booting into safe mode.
    2008-07-20 03:05 PM
    I was having this issue (G4 Powerbook running OSX 10.4.11) I realized I hadn't updated iTunes yet, so I did that (along with some other system updates) and now it launches the Pwnage tool fine.

Haven't used it yet, however. I want to get some other stuff backed up first. Probably tonight.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."
    2008-07-20 08:27 PM
    2008-07-21 01:24 AM
    Sweet- works for me, had to kill it twice but it worked
    2008-07-21 03:05 AM
    Mine did the same the first half a dozen times or so that I tried it but now it works fine. Not a clue what the issue was.
    2008-07-21 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD