So you only need to make one custom ipsw and then you can just hold the power home for 10 sec followed by home for 10 sec and restore as many 3g phones as you want without ever having to run pwnage again, infact you could just copy the ipsw file put it on flash usb drive and walk over to anyone with a windows machine and just unlock any 3g phone you want nothing to it....
    2008-07-20 07:10 PM
    1. Create custom firmware
    2. Hold option and click restore
    3. Pick your custom firmware from saved location

You should be able to share the file as long as the windows user has pwn'd his iPhone too
    2008-07-20 07:16 PM
    so can we get so mac a user to upload an ipsw for us somewhere? i know 1 person with a mac- and its dead... i actually walked down my street this morning and talked to all my neighbors and asked if they had a mac . nada.
    2008-07-20 08:04 PM
    broomhead why would the windows user have to pwn his iphone first ???

pawned image is just stock ipsw plus cydia nothing custom

as long as you put the iphone manually into dfu using a stop watch and then use itunes to do shift restore in windows you'll end up with a 3G jailbroken iphone nuttin to it.
    2008-07-20 08:13 PM
    This one worked like a charme for me.

Newest iPhone 3G with 2.0 Software (5A347), 16GB. Used on Windows Vista.

For the DFU I was holding down the Home + Power Button for EXACTLY 10sec. After that I was continuing holding the HOME Button until iTunes sent me a "iTunes found a phone in recovery mode...." (The screen keeps black which says "HEY I'm in DFU not in recovery mode :-))

Just check that thing out.
    Jailbreaking your iPhone 3G on Window - Apple iPhone - Mobile Phones - Whirlpool Broadband Forums
    Last edited by FutureBSD; 2008-07-20 at 08:57 PM.
    2008-07-20 08:52 PM
    so all you need now is to for someone to torrent it..... cause I guess there are some legal problems otherwise and hence pawnage works the way it does by creating it on everyone's computer... for those that are unable to create the ipsw this is currently the easiest way... I burned mine on cd and walked it over to frustrated ATT dealer... go figure.

Lol thanked yet on the nice little mac/win version of things for the 3G version....

Now we did try a unprogrammed stealth sim to see if there was a quick work around.... obviously didn't work.

Now an unlock for the 3G version will most likely require you to do these steps first and then unlock it. Unless the clear DevTeam decides to just include it in the IPSW pawnige makes in which case it would be even easier.

Happy Jailbreakin everyone get prepared may be zibri, or anysim, or geohot will release something before the devteam to unlock your 3g iphone
    Last edited by gooffer; 2008-07-21 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-21 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD