Is it possible to load a custom firmware downloaded off the net onto an iPhone without the pwnage process?

I thought not but someone is telling me he managed to do it so I thought I would check.

anyone
    Last edited by ianhutch1; 2008-07-21 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-21 09:31 AM
    If you restore to that firmware while you are in DFU mode (!) that should be no problem ... ;-)
    2008-07-21 10:25 AM
    So the pwnage process is not required at all providing you have a custom firmware and stick the phone in DFU mode?

That goes against every single instruction I have read since the original Pwnage Tool was released....
    2008-07-21 10:56 AM
    So the pwnage process is not required at all providing you have a custom firmware and stick the phone in DFU mode?

That goes against every single instruction I have read since the original Pwnage Tool was released....
    yup, same but it is possible
    Jailbreaking your iPhone 3G on Windows - Hacking - iPhone - Whirlpool Broadband Forums
    check that link out. It works, as long as you can figure out how to get hold of the files (which I cannot work out)
    2008-07-21 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.