After extensive searching with no results, here is my issue. I go through the pwnage process and everything seems to work well. However, when I open Cydia I am prompted to make to neccessary updates. From here, no matter what path I take (1 install, multiple updates, remove an app, anything) I get a speedy download and then a complete button -- no scrolling text install, no install progress bar, nothing. If I let it sit for 5-10 minutes I eventually get the spinner on a black screen. This is where I'm at right now. It's been spinning for 30 minutes - the phone is unresponsive and to get anything else requires a hard reset.

Anyone see this, solve this or have any advice? I've rebuilt the firmware 3 times, Jailbreak and restore 3 times, Jailbreak no restore 1 time.
    2008-07-22 01:32 AM
    I just think cydia is not ready. I've been through pretty much the same thing as you all day today. Seems like every time I touch Cydia for anything I end up with the progress cursor spinning...eventually have to hard reset, then stuck on apple (or pineapple) waiting for phone to boot up...never does...back to square 1. Restore. This time I'm not touching Cydia until there's somehow a fix for this, or at least recognition of the problem from Saurik
    2008-07-22 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD