My friend tried updating his iPhone 1.0.2 to 2.0 through pwnage last night. He went through the steps and guide on ModMyI but something went wrong. His phone is just sitting on the iTunes Logo and USB Cord ont he screen. He says he re did the pwnage program and it nevers asks for the browser to find the bootloader software and it goes straight to save the ipsw file. He can't do the DFU mode anymore. Then when he tries to go to restore with the new ipsw it stops after the extract file and itunes gives him an error. The error is iPhone could not be restored an unknown error occurred (6).

Can anyone help. If someone can walk him through on the phone I'm sure he'd be willing to throw you a couple bucks... or if there is a guide that I can do it for him over the phone please let me know.
    2008-07-23 08:24 PM
    I think you should first restore through itunes and get your phone on regular 2.0 once you do that then try to pawn again. As for getting into dfu mode i believe you-tube has a guy showing you how to correctly put your iphone in dfu mode....i can tell you but its easier when you see and hear it. What you said about the itunes logo with the usb means its in restore mode already not dfu. Hope i helped a little.
    2008-07-24 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD