User Tag List

I followed all instructions carefully and succesfully built a custome ipsw file from 5A347 Firmware and now I get none phone service no nada.

I have also built the firmware on an iBook and got the same problem.

It there anyway to tweak and switch on the phone service or did I build the ipsw wrong.

I am with O2 Ireland, I also used the AT&T method of unchecking the activate button...

Any idea's ?
    2008-07-25 08:02 PM
    I would try to make the ipsw again. Make sure that the only box checked as far as options is to install cydia. Also make sure to save the new custom firmware as a new filename.
    2008-07-25 08:14 PM
    first what iPhone u have?? 3g??
    And what baseband, or did u allowed bb upgraid???
    If ur unlocking for defernt crrier u been to updat base band and unlock with bootnutter 2.0 it's on cydia
    Hope that will help
    Keep posting
    2008-07-25 09:11 PM
    As in the title iPhone 3G, you cant upgrade or change the baseband on a 3G as yet....

Reverted to the Original FW for the moment very strange will try and change the filename tomorrow and try again

Did all the above still no service when using a custom ipsw even with winpwn 2.0.0.3

I am following the instructions to a tee and have downloaded new firmware aswell to rule that out..
    Last edited by 856456; 2008-07-26 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-26 10:02 AM
    i had a similar problem and i found this thread which fixed the problem iPhone Linux • View topic - 2.0.0.3 Pwns but no Signal with 3G iphone it says the solution to do this is
    > Restore your phone back to the standard iPSW
    > Create your custom pwned iPSW, do NOT select "activate phone" or "Youtube fix" - only select "Install Cydia"
    > Take out your SIM card (this is important)
    > Put the phone into DFU mode
    > pwn as normal
    > once pwned, unplug iPhone, insert your SIM and plug in again.
    > activate through iTunes as a new phone (also important)

I HAVE TRIED THIS AND IT WORKS i had done winpwn 2.0.0.3 on my iphone 3g and followed the instructions and there was no service then i did whats written above and it worked fully
    2008-07-26 11:03 PM
    Will try that appreciate the help
    2008-07-27 11:46 AM
    Well I was encountering this very fault on my 1st gen iPhone! No matter which jailbreak method I used back from 1.1.4 with Ziphone or iLiberty or winpwn I couldn't get a service when I jail broke the the phone. Since the release of 2.0 I upgraded and once again used winpwn to jail break, and once again I couldn't get a signal/service. Untill I saw this. szs2612's post above. I saw that it was posted as a fix to the 3G phone but I thought, wtf, I've already exhausted so many other options to get thing jail broken....... WAY HEY guys, it fixed my 1st gen phone also. So a massive thanks to you szs2612 you the man
    2008-07-27 08:10 PM
    Simple Answer: Restore iPhone 3G, and when you jailbreak with PWnage/Winpwn and you are ATT Customer, uncheck activation and then Proceed with Jailbreak option only.
    2008-07-28 02:49 AM
    I must say THANKS for the find.... It worked and i was about to give up.
    :0)

i had a similar problem and i found this thread which fixed the problem iPhone Linux • View topic - 2.0.0.3 Pwns but no Signal with 3G iphone it says the solution to do this is
    > Restore your phone back to the standard iPSW
    > Create your custom pwned iPSW, do NOT select "activate phone" or "Youtube fix" - only select "Install Cydia"
    > Take out your SIM card (this is important)
    > Put the phone into DFU mode
    > pwn as normal
    > once pwned, unplug iPhone, insert your SIM and plug in again.
    > activate through iTunes as a new phone (also important)

I HAVE TRIED THIS AND IT WORKS i had done winpwn 2.0.0.3 on my iphone 3g and followed the instructions and there was no service then i did whats written above and it worked fully
    2008-07-28 08:14 PM
    But how to activate using Itunes.
    and can i activate even if it is not purchased from AT&T.

kindly mail me on [email protected]
    or [email protected]
    2008-09-23 08:45 AM
    how do u put the fone on dfu mode ? if u use the winpwn to jailbrake it, it must be in dfu automaticaly am i wrong ?
    2008-12-30 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD