Is it Illegal to Pwn an iPhone or do anythng else to do with pwnage illegal? Is it illegal to unlock the iPhone using Pwnage?
    2008-07-28 04:24 AM
    no it is not illegal, its your device and you paid for it.. you have all rights to do it. Tampering your phone will voided your warranty. Pwnage is not supported by apple. This is done by our iPhone Gurus(Dev Team) for our sake. So please applause rather than asking if it is illegal, and you shouldnt be searching stuff here if you are so concerned about illegal IMO.
    2008-07-28 04:47 AM
    I read that the Bootloader files required where illegal! Are They?
    2008-07-28 04:53 AM
    They can actually be extracted from the phone or from certain ipsws, so we feel comfortable asking you for those.
    2008-07-30 01:15 AM
    Honestly....Why ask why? If you are worried about it, then dont do it...If you have a contract, and you got your phone on a deal, well then their goes your warrenty, and tech support. Will you go to jail, nope...Not unless you start selling, or making money off their product, and or doing illegal things to others phones as a business..and collecting..Then if someone really wanted to nail you...then they would have to fight and really prove that your intentions were to defunk the company. Hard to prove...

If its yours, you can test all day long!, Dont steal software, and if you dont know, learn..

Good job
    2008-07-30 01:57 AM
    no need to jump the gun guys, mayb e he was having an arguement with someone about it and decided to ask our advice.

I was telling my friend about how i was gonna be pwning my phone to 2.0 and she thought it was something illegal, i reassured her it wasn't legal but like other's said can void the warranty.

so you guys are a little jumpy on the subject, is it too hard to just answer the damn question and move on?
    2008-07-30 02:02 AM
    Be nice.
    2008-07-30 02:13 AM
    ok being nice , modification to your own device is perfectly fine, but however if you sell the modification for profits.. this is violation of apple's and att patent and resulting it to be illegal. Now sharing it for free is perfectly legal and it is for the people to learn more about their device and what the device can do so perfectly fine by laws but this voids the warranty as you are tempring the device. By law Apple can not file a lawsuit against you if you unlock your device as by all mean they do not say it in their policies. So enjoy
    2008-07-30 02:35 AM
    I hardly thing that my post was at all mean. If anything informative. Answered the questions, and made valid points.

I'm truly sorry if you think i was jumping a medoforic gun
    2008-07-31 01:05 AM
    it is spelled metaphoric
    2008-07-31 06:14 PM
    who cares how it's bloody spelled you knew what he meant and that's all that is required on the internet. It's not like he's writing his dissertation
    2008-08-01 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD