Has anyone from the UK managed to jailbreak their iphone but still recieve a singal from O2?

I tried it with pwnage and it worked except my phone didnt register my O2 sim card at all. I restored and the signal came back though.

Other people I know from uk have had this same problem and I thought i might highlight this before some uk folk try to jaibreak and also for the developers for future updates of pwnage if they care...
    2008-07-30 01:20 PM
    Mainly the wifi / edge signal is really weak.. i dont know if that is the overall 2.0 firmware (as iv found loads of faults in this firmware itself) or after using pwnage tool... :s
    2008-07-30 02:00 PM
    same.. wifi and phone signal are low but it works fine
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2008-07-30 02:11 PM
    is your iphone 3g or original. I think this problem is localised to 3g uk iphones.
    2008-07-30 09:52 PM
    mines the same turn 3g off then it's full signal again which is a pain but I have found the call quality is the same though
    2008-07-30 11:45 PM
    Has anyone from the UK managed to jailbreak their iphone but still recieve a singal from O2?

I tried it with pwnage and it worked except my phone didnt register my O2 sim card at all. I restored and the signal came back though.

Other people I know from uk have had this same problem and I thought i might highlight this before some uk folk try to jaibreak and also for the developers for future updates of pwnage if they care...
    Freenrich when you pwn your iphone make sure you do not tick the activate option otherwise you will not get any signal.

recreate a new ipsw file with the activate box unticked and then restore that file. iTunes will then activate the phone when it is restored.
    2008-07-30 11:58 PM
    Freenrich when you pwn your iphone make sure you do not tick the activate option otherwise you will not get any signal.

recreate a new ipsw file with the activate box unticked and then restore that file. iTunes will then activate the phone when it is restored.
    I've done this twice, both times with the activate box definitely unticked. After it restored it didnt activate.

Did you jailbreak with mac or pc? I think ill try with my friends mac using pwnage tomorrow and hopefully will get more success.
    2008-07-31 12:18 AM
    i used the pwnage tool on my mac done it a few times from there any seems to work fine.

Must say i have never used the WinPwn version so cannot give you an answer there.

If i had a windows computer on me at the moment id test it for ya but im in spain at the momet.

Try it on your mates mac and let me knw how you get on.
    2008-07-31 12:21 AM
    pwned my iphone today on my friends mac and it worked!

So in conclusion i've found that winpwn does not work on uk iphone 3g's, but pwnage does.
    2008-08-01 04:17 AM
    pwned my iphone today on my friends mac and it worked!

So in conclusion i've found that winpwn does not work on uk iphone 3g's, but pwnage does.
    I wouldnt jump to conclusions based on one phone.
    2008-08-01 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD