I've Jailbroken my iPhone 3G with WinPwn 2.0.3
    Everything went smoothly, and everything is working, except...
    I can't change my damn wallpaper. I go through the standard process of setting my wallpaper through the settings menu OR directly from a picture saved to my iPhone, and everything looks fine.
    But, when I wake the phone, the lock screen wallpaper is the same one I've had for weeks, and no matter what I do, I can't change it. Is there a fix for this?
    2008-08-01 03:58 PM
    I have the same problem, except backwards. My lock screen wallpaper works just fine, but my wallpaper behind the icons does not want to appear. I think it has something to do with usuing summerboard before upgrading to 2.0 and having wallpaper off and the phone still remembering that setting. If anyone has any ideas that'd be cool
    2008-08-01 07:25 PM
    Read the other 200 post on this topic / wallpaper doesn't work we all are waiting on smb
    2008-08-01 07:30 PM
    I've Jailbroken my iPhone 3G with WinPwn 2.0.3
    Everything went smoothly, and everything is working, except...
    I can't change my damn wallpaper. I go through the standard process of setting my wallpaper through the settings menu OR directly from a picture saved to my iPhone, and everything looks fine.
    But, when I wake the phone, the lock screen wallpaper is the same one I've had for weeks, and no matter what I do, I can't change it. Is there a fix for this?
    delete /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg on your phone then reboot. That solved it for me.
    2008-08-01 07:59 PM
    delete /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg on your phone then reboot. That solved it for me.
    Cool, I'll give that a shot.

Read the other 200 post on this topic / wallpaper doesn't work we all are waiting on smb
    If you're talking about the springboard wallpaper not working yet, that's true, but as for my initial post, my issue is a bit different.

Maybe you were only referring to the post before yours, but you didn't Identify who who were ******** at.
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 2008-08-01 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-01 08:39 PM
    A little easier than that is to change the permissions for LockBackground.jpg to allow Write for all. Apparently the permissions aren't set correctly by Customize, so your other programs can't change the wallpaper.

My lock screen wallpaper works just fine, but my wallpaper behind the icons does not want to appear.
    I can't get that to work either.
    2008-08-02 09:38 PM
    My lock screen wallpaper works just fine, but my wallpaper behind the icons does not want to appear.
    Go into Winterboard and move "User Wallpaper" to the top by holding the area on the very right with the 3 lines (sorry, don't know a better way to explaing that LOL).

What this does is puts your wallpaper as a priority to any other wallpaper that might load with one of your themes. Hope this helps
    2008-08-14 05:23 AM
    A little easier than that is to change the permissions for LockBackground.jpg to allow Write for all. Apparently the permissions aren't set correctly by Customize, so your other programs can't change the wallpaper.
    Worked like a charm, thanks!
    2008-08-15 02:36 AM
    I also have the problem. I can change with any theme's wallpaper via customize but nowhere else...

How do you do the permission change? I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 iphone and i use ibrickr. Im on windows, is it only with SSH? And if yes, what i need to dwl for windows?

Thanks!
    2008-09-05 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD