I've attempted to use pwnage on 2 different computers now...and every
    time i try to restore my iphone with itunes after following the directions exactly, it will extract the file then it comes up with an error every time. I don't know what i'm doing wrong...just kina getting sick of redoing this thing twice a day just to get it to work right....all i want is other applications...
    I think i'm pretty computer savy......i just don't understand what the crap is going on...
    Last edited by jayfred1; 2008-08-14 at 05:23 AM.
    2008-08-14 05:18 AM
    I don't know if I can answer why, but on my PC using Winpwn I was at the last step of rebooting in recovery mode and installing the custom firmware and I got an error! By this time I was about to freak (I was already sweating it just thinking about jailbreaking in the first place!)

Well, long story short after about 4-5 reboots in recovery mode and clicking the custom firm it finally took.. why?!? idunno?!? But don't freak it should work... EVENTUALLY ;.(
    2008-08-14 05:37 AM
    Did you create the "device support" folder in user/library/itunes ? if its there, make sure there is nothing in it. Then make sure you are in expert mode in pwnage and build your custom firmware and make sure you put it in DFU mode. Then restore using Option-click restore button.
    2008-08-14 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD