Ok so i finally quickpwned my 2.0.2 firmware 3G so now i have Cydia and Installer with the 2.0.2 firmware, but im having some problems with customize, i find a theme i'd like and download it then i'd go to apply it and it goes throught the applying theme progress bar a couple of times quickly and then i reset the springboard and nothings changed, even after I reboot the phone. is everyone else having this issue? i have reinstalled/uninstalled it again to no success.
    2008-08-22 05:17 AM
    same problem same phone...except 2.0.1
    2008-08-23 01:58 AM
    same thing. could just be incompatibility problems with the new firmware. have you tried ssh to apply the themes? my phone lost wifi ability after updating to 2.0 so I can't tell you but I think it worked for 2.0.1 users.
    2008-08-31 07:53 PM
    same thing. could just be incompatibility problems with the new firmware. have you tried ssh to apply the themes? my phone lost wifi ability after updating to 2.0 so I can't tell you but I think it worked for 2.0.1 users.
    I had figured it was a incompatibility problem. I just restored it back to non jailbroken 2.0.2, the quickpwn was giving me to many issues, safari crashing, very slow keyboard, apps from app store constantly crashing or running slow. Too much of a headache and figured I could wait tell something more stable comes out.
    2008-09-03 12:54 AM
    If you have winterboard installed it's possible they are conflicting. I use Customize on my 3G 2.0.2 iphone with no problems. Can you edit system strings and stuff?
    2008-09-03 01:03 AM
    I had both winterboard and customize installed and had the same issue with customize. Removing one or the other fixed the problem for me.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-09-03 01:24 AM
    WHat I understand is happening, is that the Customize server gets really busy and the files are not actually downloading properly. The iphone will think the theme has been downloaded, but the reason it wont apply is because the folders in the theme are empty. Open up the folders with WinSCP, iphone browser or whatever you use and take a look. I'd bet the theme folders have no contents. I have both Customize and Winterboard and Customize was always inconsistent downloading themes properly even on my 1st gen running 1.1.4. If I played aroud emptying the cache uninstalling the empty theme and reinstalling, sometimes several times, the files would eventually download. I copied them all to my desktop so when I restore I dont have to worry about the downloading.
    2008-09-03 01:55 AM
    i also experience some problem with Customize with my iphone v2.0.2. i dont understand how did my default theme with the lock wallpaper was set to one of my pictures. I could not change my lock screen picture even if i go in customize the lock screen. do anyone know how to fix it? because its getting annoying since i cannot change my lock screen picture. The issue is that if i use other theme for the lock screen it works. However, i do not want to apply another theme. i just want to change the lock screen with another picture. but it doesnt seem to let me... >_< help me..
    2008-09-11 01:30 PM
    I have never actually tried to do that but I have two solutions for you. One I know will definitley work, the other I'm not sure about and cannot try it since I'm currently erasing mu iPhone and restoring it.

Solution 1:
    If you can access the file system with something like WinSCP ( windows) or Fugu or Cyberduck if you have a Mac. You can replace the lock creen wallpaper file in the exisiting theme with the wallpaper you want. then go back into Customize and reapply your theme. This method will permanently alter the theme files.

Solution 2: (again unproven)
    In customize instead to going to theme browser, go to customize files ( i dont recall the actual name) IF you have an option in there for wallpaper, you might select it and it will override the wallpaer from the exisitn theme. This method, if it works, would preserve the original theme files. I know this method works for other graphics like battery, bars, note pad theme, but I have never tried it for the wallpaper.

If you need instructions on how to set up and use FUGU or Cyberduck you can look here:
    Using SFTP in OS X with iPhone - ModMyI - Wiki

For Windows and WinSCP:
    SSH on Windows - ModMyI - Wiki
    2008-09-11 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD