i need some help on what to do. i have a new mac and a jailbroken iphone through ziphone. 1.1.4 working great with lots of apps. i was wondering if i should upgrade or stay on 1.1.4 for now. if i should upgrade what should i get and from where.? any help would be great. thanks in advance..
    2008-08-23 04:17 AM
    upgrade that piece... 1.1.4 is old news. 2.0.1/2 has everything except for swirlymms and more is getting ported over every single day.

plus with appstore/cydia/installer all on one device, you can't go wrong. more apps then u can shake a stick at
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-08-23 04:20 AM
    upgrade that piece... 1.1.4 is old news. 2.0.1/2 has everything except for swirlymms and more is getting ported over every single day.

plus with appstore/cydia/installer all on one device, you can't go wrong. more apps then u can shake a stick at

what your saying is very tempting. i need more feed back on this..if i was to do it whats the best way to upgrade and pawn my phone...no more ziphone for me...plus i just downloaded fugu. so im almost there. i shh alot. i really dont use customise. so any help would be great. thanks in advance..

what itunes version should i have....????
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 2008-08-23 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-23 04:36 AM
    you should download the latest one from apple. 7.7.x
    2008-08-23 04:45 AM
    ok so i download newest itunes. i upgrade to new firmware. then what??? where do i get it?thanks again for your help guys so far..
    2008-08-23 04:50 AM
    Are you asking how to jailbreak it? You're now on 2.0.2?
    2008-08-23 04:56 AM
    no 1.1.4 ziphoned...one more thing off topic should i use firefox on my mac????

one more thing what do i get to unzip files on my mac now?????winrar??

help me please I want to upgrade from1.1.4 to newest version out.. You don't have to tell me everything just show me the links to follow. Thanks again
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 2008-08-23 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-23 05:09 PM
    no 1.1.4 ziphoned...one more thing off topic should i use firefox on my mac????

one more thing what do i get to unzip files on my mac now?????winrar??

help me please I want to upgrade from1.1.4 to newest version out.. You don't have to tell me everything just show me the links to follow. Thanks again
    What you need to do is to follow this tutorial to create you pwnd version of the 2.0.1 firmware. Note that 2.0.2 firmware can't be pwned on a mac yet. iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated]
    2008-08-24 12:14 AM
    What you need to do is to follow this tutorial to create you pwnd version of the 2.0.1 firmware. Note that 2.0.2 firmware can't be pwned on a mac yet. iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated]
    where do i download firmware 2.0.1? what do you mean that i have to create the firware 2.0.1. i went to the downloads section and downloaded pawange for mac.. This is what i need right.?
    2008-08-24 02:42 AM
    it sounds like your new to all this, so stick with 1.1.4 for a while then move to 2.0 and above jailbreaks.
    2008-08-24 02:46 AM
    >>>should i just wait for quickpawn to comeout>>>>>
    2008-08-24 02:48 AM
    no you shoudln't read some tutorials. use pwnage tool to create a custom 2.0.1 file out of a stock 2.0.1 file. pwnage modifies the file and makes a custom firmware file to restore to. so when ur done u get a jailbroken/unlocked 2.0.1 iphone
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-08-24 02:54 AM
    no you shoudln't read some tutorials. use pwnage tool to create a custom 2.0.1 file out of a stock 2.0.1 file. pwnage modifies the file and makes a custom firmware file to restore to. so when ur done u get a jailbroken/unlocked 2.0.1 iphone

ahh...now i understand. i was really good on a pc and ziphone.ololol i want to get good with a mac and pawn.....someone gave me a great tuturial on i clarified..so with this and some research i think i will find my way. i will have some more questions just have to think of some. trying to make sure i have most of the basics down befor i do this...
    2008-08-24 03:36 AM
    i never saw someone with such a high post/thank count and be SO CLUELESS??!?!?!?!?! No offense, but everything you asked is very common knowledge. Where do ZI get the updated iTunes? Have you ever used it? as soon as you start it if your version is older than whats available, you get hounded to update. sheesh sorry its late and sleep deprived, but.......
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040
    2008-08-24 09:31 AM
    i know what im doing. i just like to ask and make sure what i am about to do it correct. also this will be my 1st time using a mac and jailbreaking with a mac. 1st time pawning but i been around long enough to know what i am doing. just making sure. i have all the tools.

one more question....do i need to do something to my phone first befor i pawn like dfu mode or do i just have the phone on and launch pawnge and wait for it to tell me what to to??????
    2008-08-24 05:23 PM
    you have to understand something coachballfirm, this place is great for info but if you are looking for someone to hold your hand through a tutorial ( especially with an new imac) you are going to be met with frustration. I just bought an imac last month and am still learning. why dont you upgrade using what you know ..do some reading then try your imac + pwnage. I know you dont wanna get caught and mess up your phone..but guess what???? we all have and as long as we jb or pwn..its going to happen. thats the risk you take. I never knew what jb was and i am completely self taught. I read this forum daily and have only posted a couple of questions, but i learned how to jb and pwn on both my pc and imac. i have restroed over 100 times because of errors. u have to be willing to help yourself. you keep saying " just one question" then ask 5 or 6..dude..you are going to get ignored completely. The guys on here are onto better things. They will help you if they see you are trying om your own...but they are not going to hold your hand through it all. we all had to look for guides,links,fixes..do the same.
    2008-08-25 05:00 PM
    loolol. The funny thing is i know this. I dont want anyone to hold my hand throught it. lololol that is funny because i see where your coming from. sorry fellas. I know trial and error,trial and error. im just not to sure now about this new 2.0.3. guess im going to have to find out myself. ok i am going to update and jailbreak with pawnge. i will keep posted....
    2008-08-27 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD