dan
    tried that, got to the same place, right after putting in DFU, screen on iphone turns white, winpwn closes down with windows error message

--Big Coop
    2008-10-07 03:30 PM
    thx
    2008-10-07 04:12 PM
    ur supposed to put it in dfu at the end of everything when ur about to use the custom with iTunes....U will be in dfu mode when the winpwn screen pops up on ur phone and tells u that ur ready for iTunes
    With winpwn it doesn't go black
    And in expert mode the side bar should tell u when ur entering into dfu mode about what to do
    2008-10-07 10:10 PM
    dan
    i understand that, the error is happening in DFU mode, winpwn tells me i am in DFU mode and the phone screen turns white, then a windows error comes up and winpwn shuts down

Edit: nevermind...figured it out

--Big Coop
    Last edited by bigcoop; 2008-10-08 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-08 12:43 AM
    oh I'm sorry
    It worked for me the first time I did it
    I had 2.0
    If ur using 2.1 or later, u might want to try 2.0 everything will be the same there isn't any diff between these 2.x firmwares

Or send an email to the website creator and ask him... The winpwn one
    Good luck

and yea to to the starting of this thread we are writing on
    It gives u exact directions!
    Last edited by dansan8991; 2008-10-08 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-08 05:15 AM
    bigcoop
    what did you do to make it to work? I'am the same boat as you about after dfu screen turned white and error message. Will you please share with me.
    2008-10-08 06:57 AM
    Hello,

I had jailbroken my 3G iphone 1.5 months back when it was on 2.0 version. Now, if I upgrade to 2.1 , will I loose the Jilbroken status and all free Apps? What do I have to do if I wanna keep my phone Jailbroken and upgrade to 2.1 firmware? I am a PC user ( don;t have access to a MAC)..

Can I just restore to a newer 2.1 firmware ?? Or do I have to upgrade to 2.1 using iTunes, and Jailbreak my iphone again?

Please help....

Many Thanks,
    Vin
    2008-10-09 10:26 PM
    I have the 3g 8gig on 2.1 firmware. This guide only gives you the choice to press 2.02. I downloaded the 2.1 restore file, but how do i imput it? Do i just click on the 2.02 option and move on and it will let me imput 2.1 restore later on or what? I'm confused. BTW i am on a PC running XP. thank you
    2008-10-11 05:25 PM
    After I get to "congratulations youve entered DFU mode" winpwn crashes and I get an error message. I went to itunes and restored as directed in step 18 but when its done there is no cydia or installer on my phone so I dont think it worked. any ideas?
    2008-10-11 10:46 PM
    Many Thank You's going to the App Team for making this easy. It worked for me after the 2 end try(My Bad) I'm happy with the results. I lost a few old Apps, but some new great Apps available. I lost my hard Drive recently and had to Restore, and now I can not get iTunes 7.7 anymore! Suggestion anyone?

Thanks again to everyone responsible for the Jailbreak and Unlocking the iPhone.
    2008-10-12 07:19 PM
    Everything seems to have worked ok accept I cant make calls or text????????? Whats going on?
    2008-10-17 08:01 PM
    u need to install bootneuter from installer and neuter ur phone
    2008-10-17 11:26 PM
    it keeps on crashing after it says congrats on the dfu restore thing
    on the firts post it says
    "Notice: If you face crash while building firmware, use the expert mode and set partition size between 700 MB to 900 MB"
    how do i do that when i click on expert mode?!

EDIT: i set the partition size to 900 mb and it still crashed...i set it to the max which is like 2000 i think and it still crashes. what do i do?
    Last edited by dis1krazyazn; 2008-10-18 at 03:19 AM.
    2008-10-18 01:46 AM
    when u click expert mode it should tell u in the sidebar what's going on... Follow that ... And the partition size should be left alone to 700 or you will keep crashing
    2008-10-18 03:17 AM
    when u click expert mode it should tell u in the sidebar what's going on... Follow that ... And the partition size should be left alone to 700 or you will keep crashing
    it still crashes at 700...what should i do now? i just want the quickest way to jailbreak my phone so i can install everything i had before since i have to get up at 7 am and be out all day tomororw
    Last edited by dis1krazyazn; 2008-10-18 at 04:24 AM.
    2008-10-18 03:37 AM
    try 2.0 instead of 2.1 or something.... Install bootneuter as u go if u have other service than AT&T
    2008-10-18 05:01 AM
    try 2.0 instead of 2.1 or something.... Install bootneuter as u go if u have other service than AT&T
    i used quickpwn with 2.0.1 and it worked..thanks!

i dont get the whole bootneuter thing since u told the last guy he needed to install that for his texts and calls to work. do i need to do that?
    2008-10-18 06:09 AM
    if ur calls don't work but bootneuters function is to neuter ur phone so that ur phone works with any service not just AT&T
    It doesn't hurt so u can install it from installer to be on the safe side... But if u can already make calls... Then it's upto u... Won't make a diff
    2008-10-18 07:27 AM

This tutorial won't unlock your iPhone 3G!

To follow these tutorials, you must have the following:

Here are all the steps you need to follow:

1.Download all the files mentioned above.

2. Install Winpwn 2.5

3. Create a new folder named WinPwn (or whatever you like) and place the winpwn shortcut, firmware file and BL files in the folder.

4. Open Winpwn and select the first picture representing iPhone 2G.

5. In next step, select 2.0.2 and click next.

6. Then, it will ask if you want to use the official carrier. Click thumbs up for yes and thumbs down for no. Skip the next step if you click
    thumbs up in this step.

7. Now, it will ask if you want to unlock. Just click thumbs down if you only want to activate and click thumbs up if you want to unlock.

8. Then, it will ask if you want to use custom boot logos. Click thumbs up if you want custom boot and recovery screen logos but if you choose thumbs down, skip the next step.

9. Now, click on the two iPhone pictures to select the different boot and recovery logos. If you want to search online gallery, first click on browse so it changes to online and then click on the two iPhone pictures.

10. When you click next, it will start building the custom firmware.

11. After custom firmware is built (will be saved in My Documents), you will be asked if you want to start the DFU wizard. Click thumbs up.

12. Then, it will ask if your phone is turned of and connected via USB. If not, then do it and click thumbs up.

13. After that, it will give a ready to pwn message. Click OK.

14. First of all, press and hold power button till countdown ends.

15. Then, hold both power and home button till countdown ends.

16. Then, release power button and keep holding home button till countdown ends.

17. After you get the success message, release home button and quit pwnage.

18. Then, open iTunes to restore to the custom iPhone Firmware in iTunes. To do this, while holding shift, click restore and select the custom firmware.

19. After the phone reboots, it has been pwned successfully with Cydia and Installer on home screen

Notice: If you face crash while building firmware, use the expert mode and set partition size between 700 MB to 900 MB

All credits go to CMW and DevTeam for this software.
    i use winpwn , made a custom ipsw and load to iphone,work fine but there is no "EDGE" settings it is deleted how can i find or made that button
    2008-10-18 09:47 PM
    Hello,

I had jailbroken my 3G iphone 1.5 months back when it was on 2.0 version. Now, if I upgrade to 2.1 , will I loose the Jilbroken status and all free Apps? What do I have to do if I wanna keep my phone Jailbroken and upgrade to 2.1 firmware? I am a PC user ( don;t have access to a MAC)..

Can I just restore to a newer 2.1 firmware ?? Or do I have to upgrade to 2.1 using iTunes, and Jailbreak my iphone again?

Please help....

Many Thanks,
    Vin
    2008-10-20 07:50 PM
141 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD