Just jailbroke my 2.0.2 iPhone 3G last night. I have three questions. I appologize if these have been answered a hundred times over. I have Googled and YouTubed looking for an answer to no avail, when I try to download Quake using Cydia it states that I do not have a resource installed for it but I have downloaded ALL of the ones provided on there that are not language specific to a NON-English language. What am I missing?

Also, it only gave me the Cydia program, is it possible at all to get the Installer app as well?

And last but not least, I downloaded the PhoneZap app to make ringtones only to see that the option is currently not available on there. How else can I turn my MP3's into ringtones?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    2008-09-01 11:30 PM
    im not exactly sure why quake isn't working. Did you install the more advanced stuff like sqlite3 and libxml, im not sure if it needs some of those components, cant help much there.

Cydia (IMO) is better than installer so your not really missing out, but if you want to install you have to re-pwn with installer checked or you can install via ssh to your /Application folder. To do that use cydia and download open-ssh, there are directions within the package details.

PhoneZap im not familiar with, i'm assuming your on a PC otherwise you would have an easy time making ringtones with GarageBand. I know awhile back you could convert the files to .m4a and rename to .m4r and iTunes would install as ringtone, but i'm not 100% if that works still, i wish i could help you more......*Google is amazing*
    2008-09-02 03:10 AM
    Update, got Quake to work.

I have WinSCP so if I need Installer at a later date its nice to know that I can use a program like that to get in on the phone.

I also have figured out how to rip the ringtones to my computer and then add them to my phone via WinSCP.

Another question that I have though that is eluding me is a two part: How can I get 5 Icons at the bottom/dock? Also is there a way to create one "desktop" Icon for like "Games" and add all my games to it so I don't have as much clutter on my desktop? I tried to IntelliScreen but either I did not know how to navigate it well or it is completely useless. Advise? Thanks in advance.
    2008-09-02 03:29 AM
    i hate intelliscreen and categories hasn't come out yet so the organizing is by page. i have a page for games and a page for webclips and a page for utilities ...etc...

Cydia has a 5 icon dock extension super easy, install and drag the icon to the dock! *has to be in wiggle mode*
    2008-09-02 03:37 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply... Do you know the exact name of the app on Cyndia that I can do that with?

Also does the app work with any theme? I am running the Zunda theme on winterboard but would love to be able to have 5 dock buttons at the bottom!

Thanks,
    ChaseUA
    Last edited by ChaseUA; 2008-09-02 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-02 03:49 AM
    If you're interested in another ringtone option, iRinger is as simple as it comes. It lets you select a 30-second window from a song and automatically uploads it to iTunes.
    2008-09-02 04:17 AM
    thanks.. I finally found the tool to get the 5 dock icons... I am sooo glad I jailbroke this thing. The possibilities are endless.
    2008-09-02 04:56 AM
    -message deleted-
    Last edited by Astaroth; 2008-09-02 at 11:36 AM.
    2008-09-02 11:02 AM
    You do not need anything other than iTunes to create your ringtones. I make them all the time.

**In iTunes right click on the song you want to make a clip from. Select Convert to AAC. It will create a copy of your song below the original.

**Right click the copy and select Get Info. While in the Info popup select the Options tab and adjust the Start and Stop times to what you want the clip to be. Press OK to exit the popup.

**Right click the copy of the song you just edited and Convert to AAC again and it will shorten the song to your clip you created in the step above.

**Drag it to your desktop and change the file format to M4r. Then play it in iTunes and it will show up in your ringtones folder.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2008-09-02 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost DOH!
    2008-09-02 04:32 PM
    Welcome to the world of jailbreak
    I have no clue about quake, is there anything else it said you needed to install?
    Installer can be downloaded and added via OpenSSH. Tutorials are here

Use iRinger or iToner, better options see if those work.
    2008-09-02 06:13 PM
    Welcome to the world of jailbreak
    I have no clue about quake, is there anything else it said you needed to install?
    Installer can be downloaded and added via OpenSSH. Tutorials are here

Use iRinger or iToner, better options see if those work.
    How is the sound quality in iRinger and iToner? I have to fiddle with the volume output a few times to get it to sound good when editing in iTunes.
    2008-09-02 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD