My wireless router is horrible and every time I try to upgrade to 2.0.2 with iTunes the "network connection times out." Could I use the Shift+restore trick form WinPWN to upgrade it to a STOCK 2.0.2 so I can then use QuickPWN to jailbreak it?

Oh yeah, I have a first gen iPhone running 2.0.0 right now. And I kinda sorta forgot to upgrade to 2.0.2 before I used QuickPWN with the 2.0.2 firmware.... It finished and I can still use my phone...
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan
    2008-09-05 04:34 AM
    If you have the firm downloaded already, just put it in the folder and iTunes will automatically recognize it and update it. You only ever have to download a firmware once, it is not re-downloaded every time you want to do a restore.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-09-05 05:12 AM
    Yes you could. The Shift + restore only gives you the option to locate your ipsw file. From there, you can quickpwn your device with the regular 2.0.2 firmware. My question is, what does your wireless router have to do with restoring?
    2008-09-05 05:13 AM
    For some reason my router won't let me download large files all at one time[I mean the download will eventually complete but it keeps getting stuck after a while], so to download the firmware I have to plug my laptop straight into my modem. However that is only from iTunes, because with nearly every other download window you can pause and and then continue the download. But no, that's just too easy for Apple, just like the text forwarding and copy-n-paste.

And "the folder" that sziklassy is talking about is where? Are you talking about somewhere inside the Apple Program Files folder? Or the iTunes one?
    Last edited by SharpieBandit; 2008-09-05 at 01:59 PM. Reason: clarification
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan
    2008-09-05 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD