I have a unactivated 3G iPhone that I am trying to jailbreak. But every time I try i get a error either 1600 or 6 which are the same thing.

I have tried a number of things, I have tried it my macbook, another macbook, and a windows laptop. I have tried it restoring it using iTunes 8 and also a older version of iTunes but i keep getting the same error. I have tired creating a custom firmware or 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 and I still get the same error. I tried the plugging in iPhone and then when the restore screen message pops up on my iTunes I turn off my WiFi and then load the custom firmware but still get the same error.

Overall I have tired about 30 times and every time I get the same error!! Please help!!
    2008-09-13 06:57 PM
    Are you placing the phone into DFU mode? Dont mistake that for "recovery mode" or it will not work.
    2008-09-13 07:12 PM
    Yes, I have even just tried with new 2.1 firmware. I can restore using the a non jailbroken firmware just fine. I have also have a 2G iPhone as well and I just updated that one with a Jailbroken firmware just fine as well. It only seems to be happening with this new 3G iPhone
    2008-09-13 08:37 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my 3G.
    I pwnd successfully, but when I modified the mobile installation file, and added the Documents folder, with the correct permissions, it got stuck on the apple logo, on reboot and now vibrates twice and tries to reboot. Attempts to restore keep getting the 1600 or 1601 errors

Update: I was able to restore but not sure how I got the phone to do so. I did try to boot the phone into DFU mode - I had a black screen for several restore attempts. After trying to enter DFU mode - I couldn't get I tunes to recognise a phone in recovery mode. I plugged in the cord holding down on the home button and finally got the restore screen graphic. I restored it with the firmware update and will pwn it again, later.
    Curious to know if anyone had trouble after modding the mobile installation file.
    Last edited by ODavy; 2008-09-13 at 09:41 PM.
    2008-09-13 08:42 PM
    I modded the mobile install file and it would not let me install any apps. Cracked or legit. Has anyone figured out why you get error 1600 in DFU mode with PWND 2.1 FW?
    2008-09-13 10:24 PM
    I have the same problem Arhav86 were talking about I have tried like so many times but yet 1061 1062 1064 code 6 code 1 and now the phone won't even come on not even chargin by the way this is a 1st Gen iphone. Now i'm stuck with one expensive brick shinny Iphone.
    2008-09-14 06:46 AM
    Plug the phone into your computer and then try to turn it on. That is how I fixed it when my phone did that. You just might have to hold the power button for a little bit but it worked for me.
    2008-09-14 06:14 PM
    Mine was stuck on reboot as well after i got the 1600 error. i unpluged it from the computer and pluged it in again and the phone started. i restored with orginal 2.1fw and then i quicked pnwed it instead of pwning it and it worked fine.
    2008-09-16 11:58 PM
    I had the same problems, I tried lots of things then it eventually worked. I even ended up using another PC to downgrade to cfw 2.0.2. After that the whole thing is a mystery to me,but i finally ended up with 2.1 jailbroken fw.

Your best bet would be to try it on a pc with a fresh installation of windows (dont try to setup a virtual PC, it wont work....ya i tried THAT too lol), or one in which itunes has never been installed.

here's one things you can do if all else fails. Use partionmagic to make yourself a new drive, then install another OS, preferably XP, there. After this is done, just format that partion and get rid of the other copy of XP. Wonder why the hell I didnt try this.

Edit:edit: be sure to kill the ituneshelper process when you restore with a CFW
    Last edited by aayman_farzand; 2008-09-17 at 12:39 AM.
    2008-09-17 12:36 AM
    Same issue here... I updates OSX last night so maybe that broke something.
    2008-09-17 01:36 AM
    I got 3 or 4 errors, tryed over and over again until I followed the following thread~> http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...-1600-yay.html

I'm good to go now
    2008-09-17 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.