I need a some help.

I am using winpwn 2.5.0.2 and I have downloaded the 2.02 firmware and I am trying to upgrade my unlocked 1.1.4 iphone.

I can get winpwn to create the custom firmware then when I have to put the iphone into DFU mode winpwn just crashes. I tried to get this to work on Vista and XP and I get the same results at the DFU stage. I have over 1gb of free memory and 4 gb of free disk space so I do not think it's memory or disk related. Has anyone else experienced this?

HELP!
    2008-09-13 10:50 PM
    did u fully uninstall your old version of winpawn before you installed winpawn2.5 ? you must if you didnt .. try manually putting your phone in dfu mode and shift restore with your cfw since you made it already .. good luck
    2008-09-13 11:28 PM
    on the winxp this was the firm time i installed winpwn.

excuse my newbieness but what is cfw? I feel comfortable putting the phone into DFU so I use itunes to implement the new firmware? will hte phone be fully unlocked? i do not need to do anything else?

is there a tool i can use to go directly to 2.1 from 1.1.4?
    2008-09-13 11:39 PM
    cfw if customfirmware .. you said winpwn already made the cfw so just open itunes and plug in your phone and if your using windows .. hold the shift key and then click on restore and a window will pop up so u can find and select your cfw that winpwn made .. but make sure you remember where it saved ...

when you use winpwn to make the cfw it asks you do you want to unlock, activate ect
    if u clicked yes then the cfw is made to be unlocked ...all you have to do is insert your sim

if you want to go to 2.1 .. theres a thread called 2.1 customfirmware is here

download the cfw and just click shift restore

good luck but if you decide to do the 2.1 .. do not put the phone into dfu
    2008-09-13 11:59 PM
    Weird, I am getting the same thing, is crashing when I try to put on DFU mode. I did my another iphone 2weeks ago and it worked fine, this time it keeps crashing.
    2008-09-15 12:55 AM
    my winpwn2.5 beta 2 is crashing as well!

what do i do?!
    2008-09-15 10:09 AM
    Ok Im new and sorry I didnt post a reply when I figured out a way to by pass winpwn and hack the Iphone 2.0.2 ok its actually really easy here we go..

1st. Open winpwn 2.5 beta follow the steps and create ur custom ipsw file.... STOP AFTER THAT

2nd. (Now this is where you all have been having trouble going into recovery mode and crashing)
    Now what you wanna do is get out of the program and cancel going into recovery mode you already have the custom file made just how you like it and need it

3rd. Download this file
    zSHARE - quickpwniphone2.1jailbreak.zip
    Its the qucikpwn 2.1 it works on the 2.0.2 go through the process and find your normal ipsw restore that you have on ur computer and go through the rest of the steps and make sure you put a check mark on the (Unlock) option then go through with the recovery mode like normal

4th. Now go to I tunes 7 which you should already have since you probly have followed the other instructions and hold the (Shift) key and click on the restore and now you should be able to restore ur custom ver of ur Iphone's ipsw

Tip: If ur looking to upgrade to the 2.1 just dowload ur Iphone ipsw go into Itunes and hold (Shift) and click UPDATE then find the ipsw file you downloaded and let the phone update, then run the quickpwn again and follow all the steps and click the unlock and do the recovery mode and restart and ur DONE you have a unlocked Jailbroken Iphone in which you can put any SIM card you like, and if ur like me and using Tmobile and cant connect to the net with Iphone go the network settings and enter the cellular data network and change the APN to epc.tmobile.com Username and Password should be left blank and now you should be able to get on the internet

If you're using an iPhone, you must download iPhone 2.1 firmware using the below link:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....6_Restore.ipsw

If you're using an iPhone 3G, download iPhone 3G 2.1 firmware using the below link:
    2008-09-28 07:57 AM
    Ok Im new and sorry I didnt post a reply when I figured out a way to by pass winpwn and hack the Iphone 2.0.2 ok its actually really easy here we go..

1st. Open winpwn 2.5 beta follow the steps and create ur custom ipsw file.... STOP AFTER THAT

2nd. (Now this is where you all have been having trouble going into recovery mode and crashing)
    Now what you wanna do is get out of the program and cancel going into recovery mode you already have the custom file made just how you like it and need it

3rd. Download this file
    zSHARE - quickpwniphone2.1jailbreak.zip
    Its the qucikpwn 2.1 it works on the 2.0.2 go through the process and find your normal ipsw restore that you have on ur computer and go through the rest of the steps and make sure you put a check mark on the (Unlock) option then go through with the recovery mode like normal

4th. Now go to I tunes 7 which you should already have since you probly have followed the other instructions and hold the (Shift) key and click on the restore and now you should be able to restore ur custom ver of ur Iphone's ipsw

Tip: If ur looking to upgrade to the 2.1 just dowload ur Iphone ipsw go into Itunes and hold (Shift) and click UPDATE then find the ipsw file you downloaded and let the phone update, then run the quickpwn again and follow all the steps and click the unlock and do the recovery mode and restart and ur DONE you have a unlocked Jailbroken Iphone in which you can put any SIM card you like, and if ur like me and using Tmobile and cant connect to the net with Iphone go the network settings and enter the cellular data network and change the APN to epc.tmobile.com Username and Password should be left blank and now you should be able to get on the internet

If you're using an iPhone, you must download iPhone 2.1 firmware using the below link:

If you're using an iPhone 3G, download iPhone 3G 2.1 firmware using the below link:
    Will i be able to get Cydia & Installer if i do this?
    2008-09-29 11:53 PM
    Of course you'll get Cydia & Installer
    2008-10-05 04:42 AM
    plzzzzzzz help
    how to download winpwn for windows???????????? help me plz
    2009-09-28 09:47 PM
    plzzzzzzz help
    how to download winpwn for windows???????????? help me plz
    This thread is almost a year old.
    2009-09-28 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD