User Tag List

Hey guys,
    So this is the issue, I have a 1st generation Iphone 8 gig. I recently unlocked it using winpwn with the 2.0.2 software. Very often i get a "No Service" where the signal is supposed to be and the phone cannot make calls or anything. I made a new .ipsw with the 2.0.2 software and it still gave me the same problems.. so i dont know what to do now.. ive tried downgrading and such but still the same errors. I was thinking it may be something with the baseband. Please someone help!!!! thankss!
    two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the the universe.

2008-10-25 07:54 PM
    I have the same issues & no one seems to know what to do to fix it. I keep getting people guessing & giving me bad info. Good luck

Try this link. I havent tried it yet, but its better then all the people telling me things they dont know are true. Good luck

How to Upgrade Pwned iPhone with 2.1 Custom Firmware IPSW (Windows) | Code Retard

Try this link. I havent tried it yet, but its better then all the people telling me things they dont know are true. Good luck

How to Upgrade Pwned iPhone with 2.1 Custom Firmware IPSW (Windows) | Code Retard
    Last edited by infamous12550; 2008-10-26 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva
    2008-10-26 01:13 AM
    You need to download (iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Custom_Restore.ipsw) which is a customised firmware. Then using iTunes 8.x navigate to it (shift click restore button on PC) (Option click restore button for Mac) and it will do everything for you. Some people have said that you should not restore with your back-up after it's complete if you are upgrading from 1.1.4 as there are some compatibility issues. I did the first time, but redid it and now everything is fine.
    2008-10-27 01:29 AM
    You need to download (iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Custom_Restore.ipsw) which is a customised firmware. Then using iTunes 8.x navigate to it (shift click restore button on PC) (Option click restore button for Mac) and it will do everything for you. Some people have said that you should not restore with your back-up after it's complete if you are upgrading from 1.1.4 as there are some compatibility issues. I did the first time, but redid it and now everything is fine.
    I tried that & still got nothing... I had a friend of mine tinker w/ it but I think something got damaged within the phones software that just isn't fixable by a restore. The service is like half of what it should be all the time. If you sit any other unlocked 2g phone next to it, it only has half the service of the other one. I called Apple & told them I was using a pre-paid ATT card & made an appointment to bring it in tomorrow. I restored it back to factory 2.1 & used winpwn to just activate it. So hopefully they'll put a sim in it at the Apple store tomorrow & it will dumb out for them also... Thanks for the suggestion though.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva
    2008-10-27 04:41 AM