User Tag List

Hey Guys, thanks for reading.

So I have an iPhone that I jailbroke. Now some little nob on the bus thought he'd update my apps for me, and then when I ran the phone app it would hang. So I thought I'd do a master reset.

After 3.5 hours of waiting for the phone to do its stuff, now its just stuck on that pineapple logo, and the screen flashes white every 5 minutes.

I have school work on here and my entire schedule. I rely on this thing, and I only jailbroke it so I could put my apps into folders, someone please help me, please .

Thanks for your time.
    Alex

Hey Guys, thanks for reading.

So I have an iPhone that I jailbroke. Now some little nob on the bus thought he'd update my apps for me, and then when I ran the phone app it would hang. So I thought I'd do a master reset.

After 3.5 hours of waiting for the phone to do its stuff, now its just stuck on that pineapple logo, and the screen flashes white every 5 minutes.

I have school work on here and my entire schedule. I rely on this thing, and I only jailbroke it so I could put my apps into folders, someone please help me, please .

Thanks for your time.
    Alex

I should add that DFU or whatever does NOT work for me.
    Last edited by turnermeista; 2008-11-10 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-11-10 06:55 AM
    Restore in itunes...and repwn again.
    2008-11-10 10:16 AM
    Try to SSH into your phone maybe you can get the files you need.
    2008-11-11 05:29 AM
    Thanks guys for the reply, but its not booting, no SSH no access to anything. Just a pineapple and a stuck pixel.
    2008-11-11 05:40 AM
    You need to force it into recovery mode by holding down power and home until the phone reboots and you see the cartoon of steve jobs. Then restore and re-pwn.
    2008-11-11 05:42 AM
    Sadly if you don;t have SSH you probably won;t be able to save anything you had on it (unless you have backed up via itunes)... looks like DFU restore is the only way to go
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-11-11 05:43 AM
    Thanks soo much for all the help, though I can't get the phone into DFU mode, i've been trying for the last 2 hours Any ideas anyone, i'm beyond even caring about the data any more.
    2008-11-11 07:38 AM
    Restore and rpwn, only option i can think of.
    2008-11-12 06:15 AM
    dfu: plug phone into iTunes, hold power button 5 seconds, hold home button without letting go of power button for 10 seconds, release power button still holding home until iTunes recognizes iPhone this could take up to a minute.
    Alternatively use quickpwn as itguides you through putting the phone into DFU mode. Once in dfu close quickpwn and restore in iTunes.
    2008-11-12 12:38 PM
    let the battery die then charge it up again.
    does itunes recongnise it?
    2008-11-13 03:31 AM
    Ahh hey guys,
    after hours of playing with this thing, i finally got it into DFU mode, but i still cant restore the thing, iTunes is giving me an error 2001 :S

Any ideas?
    2008-11-15 12:28 PM
    Seems like this happens to everyone who thinks it's a good idea to hand their phone round everyone in school!
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-11-15 01:02 PM
    Hi everyone,
    Need someone's help and expertise to figure what+s going on... A friend of mine asked me to unlock an 16GB 1st gen iphone and it seems bricked... the screen is always black, and when i hold sleep\wakke and home for 10 sec, let go home, itunes picks up the guy, but it remains black screened. When i choose the firmware ( i've tried them all ) it goes "Getting iphone ready for restore...", the screen flashes white, i get the silver apple logo and after some minutes, itunes times out with error 1604, 1600, etc... i'm almost positive i've tried every trick in the book ( the 15-minute-restore, key combinations, fw 102, fw 113, installing an older itunes, you name it...) Can anyone help ? Thx in advance.
    2008-11-27 05:51 PM