User Tag List

I have a 2G/EDGE iPhone running Pwnage 2.01. Would like to upgrade to 2.2. I have dowloaded pwnage tool 2.2, the zipped .ipsw for 2.2 and QuickPwn 2.2.

What is the safest, smartest way to do this upgrade (on a Mac) step by step? THANKS
    2008-11-26 04:47 AM
    I have a 2G/EDGE iPhone running Pwnage 2.01. Would like to upgrade to 2.2. I have dowloaded pwnage tool 2.2, the zipped .ipsw for 2.2 and QuickPwn 2.2.

What is the safest, smartest way to do this upgrade (on a Mac) step by step? THANKS
    If you have pwned before, it should be easy. Make a custom firmware in expert mode with Pwnage tool 2.2, keep the same bootneuter settings of your previous pwnage, so that you won't have to reflash the baseband, put the iPhone in recovery mode and restore. If you need a step by step tutorial, there are good ones here, in iClarified and Hackint0sh. However, none of the step by step guide are totally perfect or totally clear. You need to know what you are doing, that is, you need to read a lot in these forums. But haven't you done it before?
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3
    2008-11-26 05:45 AM
    Thanks,

I found the ones on iClarified. Perfect.

Now where I'm getting hung up is with the whole bootneuter/baseband issue you refer to (not to mention Cydia). Since I'm upgrading a pwned 2.0 phone, do I need to mess with any of these settings. I'm assuming I don't want to re-unlock or update the baseband (re: your post). Other than that, i think I'm good to go. Thx
    Last edited by Jacukel; 2008-11-26 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-11-26 12:30 PM
    hey were you able to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 using pwnage tool yet?

Thanks,

I found the ones on iClarified. Perfect.

Now where I'm getting hung up is with the whole bootneuter/baseband issue you refer to (not to mention Cydia). Since I'm upgrading a pwned 2.0 phone, do I need to mess with any of these settings. I'm assuming I don't want to re-unlock or update the baseband (re: your post). Other than that, i think I'm good to go. Thx
    2008-11-26 02:01 PM