Hey guys,

Bought a new 3G iPhone today from Orange Romania. It is still not activated. So, is there any way to find out what baseband or firmware it has?

Also, what do you guys recommend I should do next in order to unlock and jailbreak this new 3G iPhone bought from Orange Romania.

Thanks in advance!

FYI - I am using OS X last build.
    Last edited by nemsis21; 2009-01-31 at 10:37 PM.
    2009-01-31 10:21 PM
    If you know what firmware is on the phone, that will tell you what baseband you have.

And using Pwnage would be just jiffy to jailbreak/unlock it.
    2009-02-01 12:15 AM
    If you know what firmware is on the phone, that will tell you what baseband you have.

And using Pwnage would be just jiffy to jailbreak/unlock it.
    Thank you, cpjr.

I have no idea what the firmware is - believe it or not the seller had no idea what firmware was on it too.

I tried the latest pwange tool and I kept on getting a 21 error. I also tried the USB OS X hack 10.5.5 and it still didn't work.

I also tried a custom firmware posted in this same forum and that also didn't work (it did however go more steps into the restore process then the pwange custom firmware I made) giving the same error.

Should I go ahead and do an official iTunes restore? Or just wait for the dev team to work this one out?

Thanks again!

EDIT: is DFU mode when the screen turns black/blank or when the screen turns USB cable+iTunes?
    Last edited by nemsis21; 2009-02-01 at 01:42 AM.
    2009-02-01 01:10 AM
    Have you tried Quickpwn?

That will at least jailbreak and "hactivate" the phone. So then, you can get to the home screen and go to settings to see what firmware/baseband its running.
    2009-02-01 04:08 AM
    Have you tried Quickpwn?

That will at least jailbreak and "hactivate" the phone. So then, you can get to the home screen and go to settings to see what firmware/baseband its running.
    Thank you again mate!

I managed to pawn it. The issue was DFU, as I thought DFU means iTunes + USB cable.

However, I can not unlock it as it came with the 02.30.03 baseband.

I hope the dev team can find a baseband downgrade or an actual pwan for the current baseband. Otherwise I will just buy a rebel sim.

Thanks a lot for your help cpjr!
    2009-02-01 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD