Hello all I am in desperate need of your assistance. I reluctantly have recently updated to 2.2.1 using pwnage 2.2.5, using a guide that I downloaded, I followed the instructions and everything went well, went through the whole pwnage process.

Then I realized that I used an old firmware "iphone1,2_2.2_5G77"(the correct firmware is "iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11")
    and I installed the old custom ipsw.

Now I got this ugly pineapple when I put the phone in recovery mode, and I cannot restore the phone to install the correct firmware because when I set the phone in recovery mode, and pull up itunes to reset, it will automatically pull up the iphoto, then the phone will start to sync. I hope I am not dooomed!

I have tried everything for the past two days, Pleeeese someone help me.
    2009-03-06 03:39 AM
    Try in DFU mode....then install the 2.2.1 f.w
    2009-03-06 03:46 AM
    Here's what you would need to do. Open up the folder that you have Quickpwn in. There should be a folder called Pwnmetheus or something like that (I'm not on my laptop). Either in that folder or in a sub-folder called Data there is a PNG that is a Pineapple called logo.png

What you would need to do is replace that picture with the original Apple boot logo (found here: Hack that Phone - Graphics locations) and then use Quickpwn on your device. BUT be sure to only check off Custom Boot Logo when you do this. It should fix the problem.

Edit: I feel like an idiot since I only wrote about how to get rid of the pineapple logo. Whoops :P
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-03-06 03:49 AM
    Zwayne,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using a mac desk top, the pwnage 2.2.5 does not allow me to get into DUF mode, and I read that you can download a fix to be able to get to DUF mode, but I am not that tech savy.

So is there another way to get to DUF mode?
    2009-03-06 02:29 PM
    You could use a USB hub
    2009-03-06 02:35 PM
    NeoNightmareX.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I was using a Mac, so cannot use guickpwn, I performed the "expert" mode on the pwnage tool, and unchecked the pinappple and the Steve jobbs reboot logo. but my phone is stuck on 2.2 jailbreak format, (thank goodness its not a brick!) I just cannot seem to unlock it from the current state.

Thanks, I tried that, IHAZ NO SUCCESS! unfortunately

NeoNightmareX.

Sorry the last comment "Thanks, I tried that, IHAZ NO SUCCESS! unfortunately"was for BROOM HEAD'S suggestion.
    Last edited by donky; 2009-03-06 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-06 02:42 PM
    NeoNightmareX.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I was using a Mac, so cannot use guickpwn, I performed the "expert" mode on the pwnage tool, and unchecked the pinappple and the Steve jobbs reboot logo. but my phone is stuck on 2.2 jailbreak format, (thank goodness its not a brick!) I just cannot seem to unlock it from the current state.

Thanks, I tried that, IHAZ NO SUCCESS! unfortunately

NeoNightmareX.

Sorry the last comment "Thanks, I tried that, IHAZ NO SUCCESS! unfortunately"was for BROOM HEAD'S suggestion.
    There is a quickpwn for the mac too.
    2009-03-06 02:45 PM
    Broomhead

"Thanks, I tried that, IHAZ NO SUCCESS! unfortunately"

I just tried to use quickpwn and I got

"The firmware installed on your iphone 3G is not supported by quickpwn, please check our website for further information"

and I can't go any farther with quickpwn.

Any other suggestions? Anyone? Everyone? Someone????????
    Last edited by donky; 2009-03-07 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-07 03:31 AM
    Download the newest version, it should work on firmware 2.2.1. just make sure you have Quickpwn 2.2.5-2
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-03-07 04:55 AM
    I don't know what version of the quickpwn I used, but I will try the quickpwn 2.2.5-2, thanks
    2009-03-10 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD