My friend just got his 3g from a different friend who had att at one point but got rid of it. I hooked it up and knowing that ive unlocked several 2gs with quickpwn i was confident i would get his. I downloaded custom firmware 2.2.1 and restored it to it. Then i used quickpwn and it did its magic and it worked except its not picking up the carrier at all. Its constantly showing ._ _ _ _ and under options there is no carrier option. Ive tried redoing the whole process about three times and still nothing, also tried the airplane mode switchback and even tried yellowsnow from cydia. After that i read up and ppl said to use quickpwn 2.2.5-2, did that and still the same scenario. Kinda getting frustrated being that i sacrificed some hours for no progress whatsoever. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    2009-05-28 08:26 PM
    You have to unlock before you get a carrier. First go to settings... general.. about. Go to the bottom and look at modem firmware and confirm you have 2.28. If this is correct open Cydia.. download yellowsn0w and you're good to go. I assume you are trying to use T-Mobile. If you are wanting to use AT&T but just jailbreak you must use iTunes to activate FIRST.. then run quickpwn to jailbreak.
    2009-05-28 08:37 PM
    I looked and its version 2.2.1 (5H11) and modem firmware is 2.30.03, and its for tmobile.
    2009-05-29 10:23 PM
    2.30 is not unlockable with software. You will have to buy a SIM adapter like a Rebel SIM or Gevey SIM. You can try and download fuzzy baseband downgrader from Cydia first but if that fails you're stuck.
    2009-05-29 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD