It boots into pineapple mode and freezes.. wont get to the point where it is even recognized as a device by MAC or PC. I let the battery drain, took out SIM, but when it recharges, it goes directly to pineapple.

HELP!!!!!
    2009-06-20 10:59 PM
    DFU mode, restore to a fresh copy of 3.0 and try again.
    Good luck and keep trying, many threads for help on your device and OS.
    2009-06-20 11:01 PM
    DFU will "ALWAYS" get you out of trouble
    2009-06-20 11:02 PM
    Same thing happened to me using redsn0w.
    DFU, open itunes, restore it.
    2009-06-20 11:29 PM
    Cant get it into DFU mode.. it doesnt get recognized by the MAC or PC.. it just goes into Pineapple mode after a reboot.. never gets far enough to be seen.. suggestions?
    2009-06-20 11:32 PM
    Cant get it into DFU mode.. it doesnt get recognized by the MAC or PC.. it just goes into Pineapple mode after a reboot.. never gets far enough to be seen.. suggestions?
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that itís in restore mode.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

Also a tutorial here
    2009-06-20 11:34 PM
    It doesnt get that far.. when the pinapple logo comes up, it just hangs.. when plugged in, it isnt recognized by the computer.. even on reboot..
    2009-06-20 11:37 PM
    do a hard reboot by holding both buttons down.
    2009-06-20 11:39 PM
    Unplug the phone. Turn it off, then hold the homebutton and plug it in, dont let go of the homebutton until iTunes tells you that you need to restore it. That helped me...
    2009-06-21 12:00 AM
    Tell you what worked.. plugged into the computer, held down HOME button only (NOT POWER), it rebooted, and gave me a cartoon figure with a Russian caption! Allowed me to get into DFU mode and restore though... may be a corrupted version of pwnage 3.0 from iphone dev team

Was the cartoon with the russian writing a virus or an easter egg?
    Last edited by cyberjust; 2009-06-21 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-21 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.