I just jailbroke my iPhone 3G using pwnage today. I started downloading apps from Cydia like cycorder. At the end of downloading the MMS app, It prompted me to restart my iphone. So I hit the button and well the iphone never came back on. All i see now is the pineapple. It has been like this for an hour now. I tried plugging my iphone in to itunes to reset it. But iTunes doesn't recognize my Iphone. I tried holding down the home and top button until the screen blanks then just hold the home button but iTunes still won't recongize my iphone!

Please Help! Did I mess up my iPhone for good?!!
    2009-08-02 01:35 AM
    No your fine, I think you need to DFU and Restore if trying to hard re-boot doesn't help.
    2009-08-02 01:38 AM
    thx! it worked! i was unaware that DFU mode and recovory mode were slightly different! Youre the best!
    2009-08-02 01:40 AM
    Awesome, glad it worked out for you.
    FYI

• Recovery mode - A special mode in the device allowing firmware restoration; in this mode, the screen of the device shows a graphic
    • DFU mode - A special mode in the device that bypasses the loading of the operating system for recovery purposes; in this mode, the screen of the device is blank
    2009-08-02 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD