I have used the pwnag tool many times, some problems, but never like this.
    I used the tool and tested a few things, worked good. turned off restriction then back on.
    The phone froze at that point.
    Put back into recovery mode to restore.
    In the process of the restore all seemed to go fine.
    Then suddenly itunes popped up with " this iphone can not be restored and can not be written to or read from" or something close to that.
    Itunes will not pick it up, I have tried several computers, mac and windows.
    I cant even get the computers to see that a device is hooked up on a usb.
    I can't turn off after charging, and can't put in dfu mode or recovery mode.

Looked on the net but no help.................

The pineapple just stays on the screen until the battery dies.

Any ideas or help, or is it toast?

Did Apple do this or Pwnag?

had it upgraded to 3.01 and worked fine for awhile, then you couldn't turn on off standby unless you plugged it in or someone would call. then you could use until it went on standby.

That is why I tried to restore with pwnag.

[email protected]
    2009-08-21 08:02 AM
    Try a reJB with redsn0w then restore and JB again with redsn0w. One of the best methods for JB on a 3.x iPhone is redsn0w.
    2009-08-24 08:23 AM
    redsnow will not see it because I can't put into dfu mode. Any other ideas?
    Thanks for the reply, you are the only reply that I have received.
    2009-08-29 10:09 PM
    Why won't the phone go in DFU mode? Button problems?
    DFU mode is the key to the process as I'm sure you know.
    2009-08-29 10:12 PM
    Have you tried a hard reset? You know holding down power and home button until the screen goes black and shits off. If that doesn't work try plugging it into your computer (shut down your computer first) then turn on your comp while your iPhone is plugged in. Then try a hard reset again. It might sound weird but it fixed my friend's phone when it wouldn't turn back on after hours of charging. It wouldn't hurt to try

Lol crap I'm on my iPhone I can't edit my last post. I meant "shuts off" not "shits off"
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2009-08-29 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-29 11:03 PM
    ^ I like that one better, lolz
    2009-08-29 11:06 PM
    I have same exact problem :S this heppend when i was trying to download the MMS app ...
    2009-10-01 07:44 AM
    ^DFU mode will get you out of that and then just do a hard restart by holding the home and power buttons to kick it out of DFU and see if it boots. If not you may have to restore and re-jailbreak.
    2009-10-01 07:47 AM
    I have used the pwnag tool many times, some problems, but never like this.
    I used the tool and tested a few things, worked good. turned off restriction then back on.
    The phone froze at that point.
    Put back into recovery mode to restore.
    In the process of the restore all seemed to go fine.
    Then suddenly itunes popped up with " this iphone can not be restored and can not be written to or read from" or something close to that.
    Itunes will not pick it up, I have tried several computers, mac and windows.
    I cant even get the computers to see that a device is hooked up on a usb.
    I can't turn off after charging, and can't put in dfu mode or recovery mode.

Looked on the net but no help.................

The pineapple just stays on the screen until the battery dies.

Any ideas or help, or is it toast?

Did Apple do this or Pwnag?

had it upgraded to 3.01 and worked fine for awhile, then you couldn't turn on off standby unless you plugged it in or someone would call. then you could use until it went on standby.

That is why I tried to restore with pwnag.

[email protected]

i had the same problem but i fix it now...
    i just connected my iphone with pc...
    i holed down the power button and the home button until the screen was all black...
    than i kept holding only the home button until i hear a sound on my pc...
    so then i went on Itunes and restored it...
    i hope that helped
    good luck
    2009-10-01 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD