Yesterday I used Pwnagetool to upgrade to 3.0. It was working fine until I replaced the mobile installation file with an old one (Through WinSCP/SSH) and then I rebooted.I couldn't boot successfully as it was stuck on the apple logo for startup. I then restored with an unhacked 3.0 firmware IPSW and tried to reuse my customized firmware from pwnage tool. This didnt work and an error message came up with (1600) any help is greatly appreciated, im sitting here stressing my head off My phone is locked to Hong Kong and I live in Australia so I need to unlock.
    2009-08-23 12:29 PM
    First of all, EDITED FW are prone to this type of problems.
    Secondly, confirm that you put the iPhone into DFU mode properly when trying to Restore in iTunes! That is the most common cause for error 1600.

To put your iPhone into recovery mode, first disconnect your iPhone from USB cable and power off your iPhone. Then hold the “Home” button and connect USB cable again. Keep holding the “Home” button until you see a dock cable pointing to the iTunes icon. Now you are in recovery mode.

Use an original FW if it does not work.

If you still have problems - try using an earlier FW version.
    Last edited by sursture; 2009-08-23 at 04:03 PM.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

2009-08-23 04:01 PM
    In my experience, each and every time I restore I have to build a NEW custom firmware with pwnage first before it will allow me to restore without error 1600. I can't use one already on my computer. It's been like that on all three of my macs.
    2009-08-23 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD