Hi, i dont have a mac but I have access to a PPC one if I need it and I do.. I need to make a custom IPSW for my 3GS (which is in need for a restore and I dont want to restore to 3.1). So before I venture off to do this I want to know if the PPC mac can even do it and if so, does the current pwnagetool allow me to create signed ipsw's using my IBEC/IBSS files?
    2009-09-12 11:22 PM
    You won't be able to restore to anything except 3.1
    In order words, you can't even use pwnagetool anymore.

But yes, 3.01 works on PPC macs
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-12 11:24 PM
    So I should leave my phoen in a drawer until a tool comes out that uses the IBEC to sign ipws's?
    2009-09-12 11:42 PM
    lol. why not just use redsn0w until the new PT comes out?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-12 11:43 PM
    I have downloaded the Pwnage 3.01 on my iMac G5 running Tiger and I get the same error as I did with 3.0 when I try to copy the app to my hard drive: "One or more items need special permission and cannot be copied. Do you want to skip them?"

My guess is Pwnage only runs on Leopard

I am happily jailbroken and have made my custom 3.0 IPSW on an intel Mac...BUT I gave the root partition 1,3 gigs ...which is actually a waste of around 900MB

Just wondering if anyone has any info on Pwnage 3.01 running on OSX Tiger...
    2009-09-13 03:58 AM
    @comedy just use redsn0w .8 (I'm assuming your on 3.0.1) u can go from there to 3.0 bit if that gets wreaked than hope on the 3.1 boat right next to me buddy 
    2009-09-16 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD