Hey guys,

I just upgraded my iPhone 3G to firmware 3.1 and using all the instructions and tutorials around i used quickpwn to jailbreak my phone.

The jailbreak worked but i was left with no network service or reception.

I am using the Sim card that was supplied with the phone with an Australian service provider.

Everything with the phone worked fine with version 3.1 until i used quickpwn to jailbreak the phone. Cydia works using my internet wifi but I can't make calls, or receive sms obviously.

What am i doing wrong?

Hoping you guys can help.

Cheers
    2009-09-26 05:22 PM
    Did you install the cydia? app if so find ultasnow and install that and that will unlock and get you network back
    2009-09-27 03:49 AM
    Thanks very much mrwhit, i tried that and it didnt work!

But i went back in to pwntool and created a new custom ipsw file with the activate checkbox (under the general tab) NOT ticked and it worked perfect.

hope this helps anyone else that has had issues.

Cheers
    2009-09-27 04:12 AM
    Did this require you to activate the phone through itunes? I have the same problem but I dont have the original sim-card that came with the phone...
    2009-09-27 09:06 PM
    Thanks very much mrwhit, i tried that and it didnt work!

But i went back in to pwntool and created a new custom ipsw file with the activate checkbox (under the general tab) NOT ticked and it worked perfect.

hope this helps anyone else that has had issues.

Cheers
    Just wanted to confirm that this worked like a charm for me. I also couldn't 'connect' to my carrier, but by NOT activating my phone when jailbreaking, I'm good to go.

If for some reason you don't know, you need to go into "expert" mode of pwnage tool to find this option.
    2009-09-28 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD