Ok so, a friend of mine has a 3G iphone and asked if I could JB it for him. Id like to save his contacts so I can restore the phone and then re-add them easily. He is a below average user when it comes with itunes/computers in general. So im not sure if he even has them backed up properly. Would it be ok if I just backed his settings etc up on my itunes and JB as new, then synced his backup from the saved on? Or should he backup his stuff on his own itunes since im pretty sure if did it with mine, it will sync my itunes account onto his phone.

I would just do it the easy way and SSH his contacts folder out, but his phone has never been JBed before so im not sure if thats possible.

I tried using the iphone explorer, but the address folder and such directories are locked so i cant access them.

Any way I could restore his contacts for him ?
    2009-09-28 10:42 PM
    If you sync the phone first and save contacts you'll be fine and can sync after the jailbreak and they will return.
    2009-09-28 10:50 PM
    Ok, so it wont matter about my itunes account etc? Ive only ever done this with my own phone on my laptop lol. just wanted to make sure thanks.
    2009-09-28 10:56 PM
    sure, you can sync up to 5 phones with one account. In windows we use either Outlook or Windows address book not sure what program you would use on a Mac but you should be fine.
    2009-09-28 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD