hi,
    I just tried upgrading to custom 3.1 on my 3GS ... it didn't work out so well. It works and everything, but my phone isn't unlocked and, as far as I can tell, Bootneuter has never been installed and was never run on the phone.

I think it might have something to do with me not letting the custom firmware take the activation. I want to activate myself. So after the restore process, the phone starts, the slide to emergency screen appears, then itunes recognizes the phone, activates it. then I'm at the homescreen, I swap my official sim with the sim I want to use -> no signal.

any ideas on this? oh and no, I didn't update to stock 3.1 or anything, my baseband is unlockable ^^ if I install ultrasn0w after restoring, my phone works fine, still I wonder what went wrong during the restore?

edit: interestingly enough, I just created an IPSW that activates the phone for me. with that IPSW, NO simcard works, not even the official simcard. Will try an IPSW in "simple mode" now and see what that does

edit2: I just had the thought that pwnagetool isn't even supposed to unlock the phone? I always thought it was though ... if someone could clear this up, that would be awesome
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-10-03 at 03:41 AM.
    2009-10-03 01:47 AM
    Bootneuter is only for the iPhone 1G.
    2009-10-03 08:31 AM
    what all of this about
    pwn is only to jb and keep your baseband version to 4
    after pwn you MUST install ultrasn0w to unlock
    2009-10-03 10:10 AM
    lol, it seems I was REALLY confused yesterday, don't know. I pwned about 10-15 iPhone 3G with PwnageTool, and after every pwn I had to install ultrasn0w. But somehow, when it came to my own iPhone, I had forgotten about that ... I remembered eventually, but thanks for your answers anyway.

Maybe I should buy some brain training apps for my iphone or something, lol...
    2009-10-03 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD