User Tag List

I am new to the Jailbreaking scene and have pretty much been obsessing over it since I Jailbroke my phone, I even talked my girlfriend into letting me Jailbreak her phone, which leads me to my question. When I first Jailbroke everything went fine for about five days until it crashed on me, I took a break from it for a couple days, and decided to give it another go and was successful once again, so if my phone crashes agian do I have to restore back to its original state,before re-jailbreaking or can I just hit the option restore on my Mac and just restore the custom firmware? In other words do I have to go through the motions of building the custom firmware every time? Cant I just put my phone in DFU mode without being prompted by PWNG? Sorry if this doesnt make sense
    2010-04-23 09:57 PM
    First, Don't ever restore to "Original State" via iTunes because that will upgrade your phone to the latest firmware.

The best option for you (and I've had to do this a couple times because JB phones sometimes go full Lemming sometimes) is to use Pwnage tool to restore the phone.

You won't have to re-build the custom firmware again as long as you know where it is and what it's called.
    Open Pwnage tool and browse for your custom firmware, then it'll tell you to connect the phone in DFU Mode.

Enter DFU mode by holding the Sleep/Power and Home Buttons until you see something (usually the pineapple if you're jb'd) on the screen, then release the Sleep button and keep holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" Screen. Then make sure iTunes is closed! Then connect to Pwnage and let it work some magic.

Once it's all done, you'll have a fully restored phone that thinks it's brand new. Then you can connect it to iTunes, set it up as new, or restore from a backup of your phone prior to the crash.
    2010-05-11 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD