Hello guys,

Anyone has the problem of missing carrier logo after upgrade to iOS4 using PwnageTool 4/4.1??

I have an iPhone 3G with 4.26.08 modem firmware. I've tried to created several different custom firmware with PwnageTool 4 and 4.1 but same problem. My carrier logo is gone and missing.

Could it be because of the 4.26.08 modem firmware?? Will it solve the problem if I update the modem firmware?

Thanks,
    2010-06-24 06:48 PM
    I have the identical problem. Went from a factory unlocked 3GS firmware 3.0 (baseband 04.26.08) to 4.0 (unactivated, no baseband update).

Everything works 100%, but no carrier logo, and if I go to SETTINGS | GENERAL | ABOUT | Network = "Not Available"

Do you also have no network?

I suspect it is due to the old baseband, but interested if you have fixed the problem by updating the baseband.

Edit -> Even restoring to factory settings (and not restoring a backup), I still have the problem.

EDIT #2 -> Solution found! The old baseband does not correctly report the carrier to the new firmware. Add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia sources, and install ultrasn0w 0.93. The Carrier logo/name appears, and it also appears in the Settings|General|About|Network field.
    Last edited by ppol; 2010-06-27 at 01:00 PM. Reason: problem resolved!
    2010-06-26 11:03 PM
    Just a Report:

It used to happen with my original carrier in 3.1.2/04.26.08: i had signal but the network was "not available" in settings. Never bothered to use ultrasn0w since that was only cosmetic.
    Now i upgraded to 4.0/05.13.04 and lost my signal (only flat bar, no carrier, no "no service") and got not carrier in settings too.

Solution was the same from ppol, but now i depend on ultrasn0w to unlock a phone that should work without it :/
    2010-06-28 04:48 PM
    CelsoSC: Same here, and it seems to hit the battery a lot as well (and acts flaky with signals). Trying to figure it out.
    2010-06-29 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD