Hello Everyone....

Apologies for being a complete n00b in this department... but anyhow...

I bought a brand new 3gs 16gb and gave it to my sister for safekeeping, not knowing she'd use her brains and go update the damned thing. Now i'm stuck with a 3gs, no SHSH blobs, and 4.0.1 OS. I need to JB the damned thing so i can go ahead and get some sleep!! PLEASE HELP!!!

*sob sob sob*

Please! Someone! You'll be my personal idol i worship for this entire year!! I promise!
    2010-08-08 03:15 AM
    2010-08-08 03:57 AM
    On your 3GS go to jailbreakme.com on safari and when you see slide to jailbreak, do it
    2010-08-08 04:50 AM
    That's the whole thing... I'm not able to go beyond the screen that says Emergency calls only. I've tried putting in a Sim Card and still nothing happens. What do i do now??!?!?
    2010-08-08 05:17 AM
    Was it an At&t sim?
    Did you connect it to itunes after you put the sim card in?

I did a restore to my jailbroke phone, and after I had to change the t-mobile sim to the old at&t sim and reconnect it to itunes. Then it asked again if I wanted to upgrade or restore. I just disconnected from the pc and jailbroke it again.
    2010-08-08 10:28 AM
    I'm in India, and the SIM was probably Airtel. And yes, i think she let it connect to itunes. So what do i do now? Do i just like do a full restore and see if that works? 'Coz i don't think it will! Plus, this phone's NEVER been jailbroken. :-(
    2010-08-09 06:15 AM
    I am not sure about the sim situation but I know when I restored mine I had to take the t-mo sim out and put the at&t sim back in for itunes to connect to it. Once I replaced the sim itunes showed the phone activated and ok to disconnect.

I will research a little. Check this page
    http://www.iphoneheat.com/2010/07/ho...hone-4-3gs-3g/
    2010-08-09 06:21 AM
    Hello
    If your problem isn't yet resolved, and if you are on mac
    try to jailbreak it with pwnage 4.01 + bundle for supporting 4.01 iphone 3gs firmware...
    it's what i have done on my 3gs 32go old iboot (i have done like your sister, i updated my 3gs jailbreaked on itunes thinking i could jailbreak without activate it with jailbreakme), and it work...
    Download Pwnage 4.01 from iphone dev team
    Look for the procedure and the Bundle for pwnage 4.01 here
    http://www.iphone4jailbreak.org/ipho...available.html
    2010-08-10 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD