I just jailbroke my iPhone 3GS using Pwnage tool. My iphone is version 4.1 and has Cydia if this information helps. Everything works fine with my iPhone, but Safari will not launch! As soon as I open the app, it flashes a blank page for a second and then brings me back to the home screen! I've been looking everywhere for a fix for this. I've rebooted my phone plenty of times. I don't know what to do! Any thoughts?
    2010-09-17 09:42 PM
    thats why you should read and wait for an official jailbreaking tool and not some programa that a random person modified to work on 4.1 fw

but if you want to can try making the firmware again and trying to flash it again maybe something when wrong with the costum firmware and or maybe thats the way it should work i dont really know and i wont even try with mine untill a decent tool comes out
    2010-09-17 10:50 PM
    I just jailbroke my iPhone 3GS using Pwnage tool. My iphone is version 4.1 and has Cydia if this information helps. Everything works fine with my iPhone, but Safari will not launch! As soon as I open the app, it flashes a blank page for a second and then brings me back to the home screen! I've been looking everywhere for a fix for this. I've rebooted my phone plenty of times. I don't know what to do! Any thoughts?
    Wow, you managed to install the unofficial Pwnage tools, I did it but when rebooted it freezes at the Apple Screen logo, so now i am back to 4.0. You have to get it back to the official pwnage which is 4.0.1.
    Actually, not bad , you could get that far , only Safari Crashing.
    2010-09-18 12:29 AM
    Thanks for the advice! I guess I'll be downgrading to 4.0.1.
    2010-09-18 04:20 AM
    Alright, since you have PM me, I will show you how to get back to 4.0 not 4.0.1.
    You used Pwnage tools to get to 4.1 , right ?
    Now downgrade to 4.0 with Pwnage tools, all you need is to create a custom firmware from Pwnagae tools 4.0.1 of iOS 4.0.
    Now from this jailbroken iphone at 4.1, put your iphone into Recovery mode and do the Shift + Restore to Custom 4.0 ipsw. There is no official pwnage tools to create 4.0.1.
    That 's it.

Note : You can always upgrade or downgrade with pwnage tools , all you need to do is put your iphone into Recovery and restore to whatever custom ipsw you have built.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-18 at 05:36 AM.
    2010-09-18 05:25 AM
    Just add the following repo in the sources
    iWOOWIZ Repo

and install:
    safarifix
    2010-09-18 03:24 PM
    Just add the following repo in the sources
    iWOOWIZ Repo

and install:
    safarifix
    I installed Safarifix, but Safari still crashes on me. I did use the unofficial pwnage tool.
    2010-09-19 11:44 PM
    If Safari fix, doesn't help, a restore is imminent.
    2010-09-20 01:47 AM
    If Safari fix, doesn't help, a restore is imminent.
    That makes me sad.

UPDATE: I removed Adblock, which isn't compatible with iOS 4. Safari works great now. So, I guess the lesson is to not install incompatible apps :P
    Last edited by rhpt; 2010-09-22 at 12:58 AM.
    2010-09-20 06:32 PM
    That is not the end of the world, use Pkgbackup from Cydia to back it up, once restored and jailbroken again, you can restore back from the Pkgbackup your customized look of your iphone again.
    2010-09-21 01:55 AM
    I tried the same tool on a 3GS and got stuck at the apple logo. I wonder if anyone actually got this unofficial tool to work?
    2010-09-21 07:24 AM
    Yup mines worked and running 4.1 jailbroken, few probs though. For safari could of used the safari fix, check out my post above!!
    2010-09-21 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD