Hi everyone,

Could everyone please post any known issues with 3Gs jailbroken with pwnage tool custom firmware 4.1.

Known problems for me are as follows;

Iphone wont dock, it will not connect to any docking stations.

Ipod music player also not working sometimes crashes and causes phone to switch off.

Safari (known issue got a fix for it anyway)

I'm aware that it was an unoffical release and could cause problems.

So anyone else, disscuss!
    2010-09-21 05:51 PM
    Pwnage tool hasn't been officially updated yet so you are bound to see some issues. Once the dev team releases the official update to support 4.1 then you will see far less issues.
    2010-09-21 06:05 PM
    Yes im aware as i stated in my post just nice to see if anyone else experienced simular issues, going to have to downgrade again to 4.0.0
    2010-09-21 06:09 PM
    Cool, no prob. Hopefully an updated pwnage tool will come out soon for all the unlockers.
    2010-09-21 06:19 PM
    Cool, no prob. Hopefully an updated pwnage tool will come out soon for all the unlockers.
    Yes me to personally i never use pwnage tool iv always had Sn0wbreeze!, i prefer it as i use windows.
    2010-09-21 09:53 PM
    From what I am hearing a updated sn0wbreeze is "supposed" to be released tomorrow.
    2010-09-21 09:58 PM
    Yea i was just reading that over at redmond, cant wait!
    2010-09-21 10:03 PM
    Since the new jb dosen't help me, I was wandering if someone in this thread could.

I've read, and read but can't find a way to do a fresh jailbreak on a virgin 4.1 3gs with old boot rom.

Any help??
    2010-09-24 03:56 AM
    You can't jailbreak a 3GS on 4.1 unless you have SHSH and are able to downgrade. You will have to wait for the new "Shatter exploit" jailbreak to come out.

You can download tiny umbrella just to check if you are able to get SHSH foe 4.0.1 just in case.

edit: side note, yay this is my 1000th post
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-09-24 at 04:05 AM.
    2010-09-24 04:00 AM
    You can't jailbreak a 3GS on 4.1 unless you have SHSH and are able to downgrade. You will have to wait for the new "Shatter exploit" jailbreak to come out.

You can download tiny umbrella just to check if you are able to get SHSH foe 4.0.1 just in case.

edit: side note, yay this is my 1000th post
    Well....crap. Thanks
    2010-09-24 04:08 AM
    No prob, hopefully it won't be too much longer of a wait.
    2010-09-24 04:10 AM
    can't wait
    buddy just bought iphone 4 and upgraded to 4.1 no SHSH backup
    hopefully redsnow windows version will come out soon
    2010-09-27 01:20 AM
    Hi everyone,

Could everyone please post any known issues with 3Gs jailbroken with pwnage tool custom firmware 4.1.

Known problems for me are as follows;

Iphone wont dock, it will not connect to any docking stations.

Ipod music player also not working sometimes crashes and causes phone to switch off.

Safari (known issue got a fix for it anyway)

I'm aware that it was an unoffical release and could cause problems.

So anyone else, disscuss!
    Just to let you know, I don't think your dock issues are with the jailbreak. I am on 4.1, jailbroken with redsn0w, and I also have docking issues. I did some research, and from what I have found on the apple forums, the docking issues are with the 4.1 firmware itself. A lot of people are contacting apple about it, and hopefully it will be fixed in the 4.2 update.
    2010-09-28 08:16 PM
    There is no issue on 3GS iOS 4.1, I think the issue is the unofficial pwnage tools. I have jailbroken my 3GS with Snowbreeze 2.0.1 and is working flawlessly without any glitch or issue.
    2010-09-29 04:50 AM
    3GS 4.0 new bootrom limera1n jailbreak.
    Ran pwnagetool 4.1 created custom 4.1 firmware.
    Ran TSS server with latest tiny umbrella.
    Opened iTunes.
    Clicked option and restore in iTunes.
    Restored to custom 4.1 firmware.
    I have noticed a signal strength drop. My wife has the same exact phone jailbroken with JailbreakMe and she has full bars and speediest.net app works faster on hers in the same location
    2010-10-22 05:45 AM
    3GS 4.0 new bootrom limera1n jailbreak.
    Ran pwnagetool 4.1 created custom 4.1 firmware.
    Ran TSS server with latest tiny umbrella.
    Opened iTunes.
    Clicked option and restore in iTunes.
    Restored to custom 4.1 firmware.
    I have noticed a signal strength drop. My wife has the same exact phone jailbroken with JailbreakMe and she has full bars and speediest.net app works faster on hers in the same location
    This signal strength drops is because Apple has change the way of signal reporting. This is the true signal reporting on the IOS 4.1 and is normal. I have the same signal drops too compared to IOS 4.0. You can try driving around , when you are closer to the signal tower, you will get full bars.
    2010-10-22 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD