User Tag List

^ There is some unknown problem which must be fixed ............ and a stock FW update would very likely fail also. Keep in mind, a stock FW updates 2 things, baseband and iOS firmware. Using a stock FW, if the updates fails, it's likely the baseband was updated first .... then the fw failed, but you're stuck w/o an unlock
    So even if stock fw does not work, than my iPhone is basically a brick?
    2010-11-01 04:47 PM
    The term brick is outdated. It has been years since I've heard about jb'ing problems which left the iDevice unusable. Stop worrying so much If you follow the instructions carefully and slowly, your goal is attainable 1st time, every time. And if you make a mistake, you can start over.

Note: For 3 years now (2G, 3G, 3GS), the ONLY time I had problems w/Pwnage was AFTER I replaced a 3GS battery with a junkie-Hong Kong replacement. This caused the restore to fail -- yep it did!! After replacing the junk battery with a good one, everything worked.

Note2: I hope a prior comment didn't imply that somehow trying to load a custom FW (and it fails) does something bad to the phone --- it does NOT!!!
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-01 at 04:58 PM.
    2010-11-01 04:50 PM
    The term brick is outdated. It has been years since I've heard about jb'ing problems which left the iDevice unusable. Stop worrying so much If you follow the instructions carefully and slowly, your goal is attainable 1st time, every time. And if you make a mistake, you can start over.

Note: For 3 years now (2G, 3G, 3GS), the ONLY time I had problems w/Pwnage was AFTER I replaced a 3GS battery with a junkie-Hong Kong replacement. This caused the restore to fail -- yep it did!! After replacing the junk battery with a good one, everything worked.

Note2: I hope a prior comment didn't imply that somehow trying to load a custom FW (and it fails) does something bad to the phone --- it does NOT!!!
    So if things go wrong. Dfu the device and start over?
    2010-11-01 05:09 PM
    So if things go wrong. Dfu the device and start over?
    If things go wrong, check the logs, note the errors, re-think your steps, post a question if you're not sure where you messed up --- then start over with increased knowledge.
    2010-11-01 05:12 PM
24 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD