I have been using my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.2 jailbroken through PWNAGE Tool 4.3.2.

I decided to use the iTunes 10.5 beta to install iOS 5 to check it out and quickly realized how unusable it is this early in the development. So I restored my iPhone 4 to the official iOS 4.3.3 and then used PWNAGE Tool v4.3.3 to create the custom firmware. Once installed, everything works on the iPhone except the cellular connection to AT&T.

At the moment I am running my iPhone with the official iOS 4.3.3 and it works as it should.

Troubleshooting so far:
    - Restored to official iOS 4.3.3 then created the custom firmware again and installed without the SIM card in
    - Verified the Modem Firmware (Baseband) is still 04.10.01
    - Not sure if my IMEI or ICCID would have changed due to using iOS5 and connecting to AT&T's network (I don't think it could connect anyways)
    - Tried resetting the iPhone through Settings (Reset All Settings, Reset Network Settings)

Questions:
    - Is there any other software on the iPhone that would prevent my SIM from connecting to AT&T's network when running iOS 4.3.3 jailbroken?
    - Would restoring/upgrading with iTunes 10.3.1 versus iTunes 10.5 beta make any difference?

Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

Thanks.
    2011-06-11 02:07 AM
    Restore to stock 4.3.3 and see if data works without a jailbreak.
    2011-06-17 09:09 PM
    A restore to the official iOS 4.3.3 works fine (including cellular).

My mistake was when I was creating the custom restore IPSW file the option to "Auto-Activate" was checked. This is usually used for those who aren't with an official carrier. Once I unchecked it and restored from that custom restore file everything worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.
    2011-06-17 11:03 PM
    Ah fantastic, that would've been my next suggestion, to officially activate! I'm glad you resolved it
    2011-06-18 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD