Ok so my question so far is if any of this jailbreak or unlock is possible without the at&t sim card? The Dueche that I purchased my 3g from did not turn over the sim card and the only sim card I have is from the tmobile phone I currently have. I am stuck at the point where I get a DFU mode failed no device detected. I get this even after hearing the 3 beeps in redsnow. The window that is supposed to open up to begin copying files never arrives.
    2009-07-10 12:29 AM
    I get to the screen where it says wait for reboot, phone re boots but then IE crashes, and says send error report or do not send and closes it after, what can i do?
    2009-07-10 08:57 PM
    A little help please?
    For the life of me , I can't get my 3g with 3.0 jailbroken!! Iv had to have tried at least 16 times, I have the latest and greatest for Itunes, and have followed the instruction on these forums and others to a T.. and tried other things as well,

Redsnow hangs on the first reboot screen. and the phone dos nothing. Ive let it set longer than 10 minutes, a few times, and nothing.

Iv also shut down redsnow on that screen and restarted the program, it acts as if its finished, but on the last screen were redsnow says Done!, my phone just sets there lit with a black background, you can see the screen is on, but nothing. I can reboot my phone and its fine, but no cydia or icy, and Ive tried to install just cydia by itself, and the same with icy, nothing.....

Iv jailbroken every firm wear that has came out on my 3G phone, and 2G when I had it..

Please..... and Idea's?

Never Mind.. Looked a bit deeper and found redsnow dos not like vista 64b, My 3G is Jailbroke, ran the app from my laptop with XP on it.. no probs..

So Far So Good....
    Last edited by SavageFuDD; 2009-07-12 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-12 01:29 AM
    First time, phone was stuck in recovery mode. Restored phone again and did redSn0w again, no iPhone works, but I get an error message when syncing. None of the jailbroken apps sync? Do I need to restore again?
    2009-07-14 04:35 PM
    how long does it take?
    the iphone shows downloading jailbrake data and its been doing that for about 5 min.

im i doing something wrong?
    2009-07-15 04:10 AM
    I wanted to Say thanks Guys/Gals for the help..

rowdytee,dadon4sho.. trying redsnow on vista was a no go for me, I ended up running it on xp and it took all of 5 min to jailbreak. no probs, no hangs, everything has and is working like a charm!!! including the updated winterboard..
    2009-07-17 12:08 AM
    !!

i cant find iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw file in the zip file
    2009-07-20 09:17 PM
    A little help please?
    For the life of me , I can't get my 3g with 3.0 jailbroken!! Iv had to have tried at least 16 times, I have the latest and greatest for Itunes, and have followed the instruction on these forums and others to a T.. and tried other things as well,

Redsnow hangs on the first reboot screen. and the phone dos nothing. Ive let it set longer than 10 minutes, a few times, and nothing.

Iv also shut down redsnow on that screen and restarted the program, it acts as if its finished, but on the last screen were redsnow says Done!, my phone just sets there lit with a black background, you can see the screen is on, but nothing. I can reboot my phone and its fine, but no cydia or icy, and Ive tried to install just cydia by itself, and the same with icy, nothing.....

Iv jailbroken every firm wear that has came out on my 3G phone, and 2G when I had it..

Please..... and Idea's?

Never Mind.. Looked a bit deeper and found redsnow dos not like vista 64b, My 3G is Jailbroke, ran the app from my laptop with XP on it.. no probs..

So Far So Good....
    I'm getting exactly the same problem; will try to find an XP machine to run it on & let you know how I get on!

Soth
    2009-07-20 09:57 PM
    !!

i cant find iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw file in the zip file
    change "zip" to "ipsw" and go on from there.
    2009-07-21 06:04 AM
    Originally Posted by washamur
    Not sure why it is doing this, but no matter where I download the ipsw file, I'm getting it as a .zip file.

I've tried renaming it, and all it does is add .ipsw on the end and stay as a .zip file.

When I go to browse in redsn0w .. it doesn't find it because it is still showing as a .zip file.

Can someone please tell me how in the world do I get it to work? Thanks

Im having the same issue. The files icon is always a folder not the little box with a music note in it like in the picture. and help would be awesome thanks.
    Last edited by Pissedinthewind; 2009-07-23 at 06:07 PM.
    2009-07-23 05:43 PM
    Originally Posted by washamur
    Not sure why it is doing this, but no matter where I download the ipsw file, I'm getting it as a .zip file.

I've tried renaming it, and all it does is add .ipsw on the end and stay as a .zip file.

When I go to browse in redsn0w .. it doesn't find it because it is still showing as a .zip file.

Can someone please tell me how in the world do I get it to work? Thanks

Im having the same issue. The files icon is always a folder not the little box with a music note in it like in the picture. and help would be awesome thanks.
    if your running vista, and if you have downloaded the update in itunes at one time, go to c/ user/ "your user name"/Appdata /Roaming /Apple Computer /iTunes / iPhone Software Updates... and it will be there, you will have to turn on, show hidden folders in Folder Options in Control Panel.

Im not sure if I remember it rite but XP should be close to the same...
    2009-07-23 09:31 PM
    My phone wont start can anybody help me?

hey can u help me
    Last edited by Prechuzchula69; 2009-07-24 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-24 05:34 AM
    unplug it from the computer and hold the power and home button down till you see the apple logo
    2009-07-24 07:48 AM
    will redsnow work in win 7 rc?
    2009-07-25 09:51 PM
    will redsnow work in win 7 rc?
    It should.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-26 02:36 AM
    no complaints from me. it worked perfectly.
    If I helped then hit the thanks button...
    2009-07-28 09:01 AM
    My iPhone is starting to run a little cr*ppy after having been Jailbroken for a few months. So to fix this I plan on restoring my iPhone back to OS3 using iTunes.

Problem is, after doing this, all my funky Theme's, Tones and most importantly, my Repositories!! It'll take forever if I can't find a way to do it automatically.

Does anyone know how to restore all the functionality obtained from Jailbreaking AFTER restoring iPhone back to OS3.
    2009-07-29 02:19 PM
    ^^Make a list and check it twice
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-29 06:12 PM
    so am I correct in saying that if I were to find a custom firmware 3.0 I can not just do the shift restore with itunes to jail break and upgrade to 3.0?? I am downloading all the stuff I need just in case that does not work but it sure would be easier to hit shift + restore in itunes. anyone tried it yet?
    2009-08-02 10:48 AM
    The thing is that you won't find a custom 3.0.1 file because PwnageTool hasn't been released to support 3.0.1 yet
    And either way it'd still erase all your jailbroken data.
    2009-08-02 11:13 AM
213 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD