User Tag List

I am updating (trying to) an iPhone 3g 2.0.2 to 3.0 on a WinXP Prof 32bit system..I successfully update to 3.0 and iTunes asks if I would like to restore from a back up of my iPhone it has stored(contacts, sms's, Calender dates..etc) I hit restore from backup and immediatley after it goes into a loop at the lockscreen and wont let me unlock it to do anything..I hold down the sleep and home button until it turns off and fire up redsnow hoping it will kick it out of the loop...No luck..it just keeps looping with a spinning circle in the middle of the screen. I then downgraded, jailbroke and restored my backups(contacts) successfully. So I tried the upgrade again...same result!!

Is there a way to keep you contacts when upgrading from 2.0.1 to 3.0....
    2009-06-29 07:15 AM
    Set up as new phone.
    After you restore/run redsnow/ and jailbreak you can sync in iTunes to get all your info back.
    smaller sig.png
    2009-06-29 07:21 AM
    This is what i have done pretty much since i've owned my iPhone. I put all my iPhone contacts in Windows Contacts, which iTunes recognises. Therefore, whenever i need to restore my iPhone, i just sync my iPhone with iTunes (which updates any changes in my iPhone's contacts to Windows Contacts) and then restore my iPhone to a new iPhone and then sync contacts with Windows Contacts lol.

Now i dont think any of that made sense haha :P but hopefully ya get what i mean.
    2009-06-29 07:57 AM

Now i dont think any of that made sense haha :P but hopefully ya get what i mean.
    Got it, you did good.
    smaller sig.png
    2009-06-29 07:59 AM
    Thanks for the replies:: Succes!!

I went through 3 different "shift"+"upgrades" to achieve success

2.0.1 to 2.1

back up contacts

2.1 to 2.2

back up contacts

2.2 to 3.0

contacts remained intact

Thanks everyone
    2009-06-29 10:00 AM
    Upgraded from 4.1 to 4.3.5. How I get my contacts back from 4.1 to 4.3.5?
    2012-01-12 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD