i just installed cydia onto my iphone 3g os 3.0 and when i open it it says "your copy of cydia does not know what version it is,itself,running." and everytime i download an app from it nothing happens what can i do to fix it what is wrong?
    2009-07-11 08:28 PM
    Sounds like a glitch has occurred while installing Cydia during the jailbreak.
    On the bottom of the home or opening page of Cydia, it should read on the bottom of the page what OS your phone is. If this is missing this is your problem.
    To correct it may require restoring and re-jailbraking again. Unless someone else has a cure for this but I doubt it. Good luck.
    2009-07-11 08:35 PM
    hello. can some one tell me what i have to do to install cydia to my iphone,,,thanks
    2009-07-21 02:13 AM
    hello. can some one tell me what i have to do to install cydia to my iphone,,,thanks
    Jailbreak it (using redsn0w.. of course there are other programs too)
    2009-07-21 08:57 AM
    wayneeee:
    Add the following lines to the top of the file: /var/lib/dpkg/status

Package: cydia
    Priority: required
    Section: Packaging
    Installed-Size: 1448
    Maintainer: Jay Freeman (saurik) < [email protected]>
    Architecture: iphoneos-arm
    Version: 1.0.3044-65
    Replaces: com.sosiphone.addcydia
    Depends: apr-lib, apt7-key, apt7-lib, darwintools, pcre, shell-cmds, system-cmds, essential
    Pre-Depends: dpkg (>= 1.14.25-8)
    Conflicts: com.sosiphone.addcydia
    Description: graphical iPhone front-end for APT
    Name: Cydia Installer
    Author: Jay Freeman (saurik) < [email protected]>
    Depiction: cydia.saurik.com/info/cydia/

When installing Icye and Cydia at the same time, this status entry gets left out and Cydia uses it to determine what version of itself was installed. Once you add this entry to the 'status' file you should be fine. As always, it is a good idea to backup the file before you modify it. As for how to modify the file, that is up to you. If you have Open ssh installed on your phone, secure shell in to the phone and and use your favorite text editor that you have installed on the phone to edit the file. If you're one of those sftp/scp people, copy the file to your local machine, add the entry, copy it back to the phone. If you need more details than that, you can google those instructions.
    Best of luck,
    panZ
    2009-11-30 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD