this past few days I have successfully jailbroken an Ipone 3g, Iphone 3gS and an ipod touch 2nd gen. All you need is redsnow .8 and follow the directions. Also check the tricks in this thread to get the program to boot. That's all. The 3GS 3.0 firmware downloadable from modmyi worked flawlessly for me the first time. Good luck everybody.
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me
    2009-09-01 05:13 AM
    Hey guys i have a 2g iphone w/ 3.0 firmware(IIRC) Im stuck on the Emergency screen on the iphone and can only dial out 911

ive tried everything!

Ive tried diffrent firmwares ive tried diffrent redsnows(including the .7.2 and it still hangs up on the reboot. I try to unplug for 3 secs and still no go. WTF am i doing wrong!!!!!

On some firmwares that i use it will go all the way up to uploading 1 then it will go to the reset screen and freeze. Then i will do another firmware and it will go to the second up load then on the restart it will freeze.
    2009-09-01 06:45 AM
    What device do you have?

EDIT - nvm. use this firmware: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....1_Restore.ipsw
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-01 06:46 AM
    Did the phone work before this?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-09-01 06:58 AM
    I was having trouble for the last few days with Redsnow unlocking 2G. I had tried everything. I downloaded a new copy of redsnow 0.8 and got the firmware for the 2G form this site.
    When I did the unlock i didn't install ICY which I think may have been causing the problem I was having.
    I can't be sure of it, but i unlocked several 2G's over the weekend and it was taking out the earphone and the mic. the phone would work with speaker only.
    But i did get a successful unlock without adding icy to the mix.
    So I will continue to do it that way and see if the success continues.
    2009-09-01 07:55 AM
    Yup. Installing ICy during the JB process usually causes problems.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-01 07:56 AM
    I was having trouble for the last few days with Redsnow unlocking 2G. I had tried everything. I downloaded a new copy of redsnow 0.8 and got the firmware for the 2G form this site.
    When I did the unlock i didn't install ICY which I think may have been causing the problem I was having.
    I can't be sure of it, but i unlocked several 2G's over the weekend and it was taking out the earphone and the mic. the phone would work with speaker only.
    But i did get a successful unlock without adding icy to the mix.
    So I will continue to do it that way and see if the success continues.
    Craigslist unlocker? lol....

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    2009-09-01 07:59 AM
    lol. I'm thinking about starting to do that. Charging for my 'service'!
    i'm going brokkeeeee
    2009-09-01 08:03 AM
    it is a bad economy....

2009-09-01 08:04 AM
    No.. well yes. Things are going great for my parents..they are feeding off the bad economy and the housing market crash
    I'M just broke
    2009-09-01 08:06 AM
    lol, no sumer job?

I was talking to Kyle a while back about opening an iphone repair store down here in Tampa or Miami...I swear Apple is like the one thing that isnt affected by this economy whatsoever

2009-09-01 08:09 AM
    Legal working age is 16.
    2009-09-01 08:11 AM
    geez...oh well

2009-09-01 08:12 AM
    lol. but the people unlocking & JB on craigslist are making loads of money. I mean $45 a phone...
    Think of all the phones I've helped so far... damn I would be a pretty rich little girl
    2009-09-01 08:13 AM
    If you really wanted to work you would find a way
    2009-09-01 08:13 AM
    Working for my parents? no thanks :P
    My dad is a control freak and my mom doesn't like me around.
    2009-09-01 08:14 AM
    do it
    2009-09-01 08:15 AM
    Do what? Craigslist or parents?
    2009-09-01 08:16 AM
    both
    2009-09-01 08:17 AM
    I'm not really the waitress type of gal
    ANNNDDDD we're finally selling the restaurant! yay!!!!!!!

Craigslist - alrighty... after school settles down..
    2009-09-01 08:19 AM
124 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD