GUYS TO ALL HAVING PROBLEM IF YOU GET STUCK ON THE REBOOTING STAGE ON REDSNOW, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING UNTIL I TRIED TO RUN REDSNOW INSIDE WINRAR, WHAT I MEAN IS THAT DONT EXTRACT IT ANYMORE, JUST RUN IT DIRECTLY IN THE WINRAR... THAT SHOULD DO THE TRICK... HEHEHE I ALSO DID GO INSANE IN THIS PROBLEM, AND TRIED MANY WAYS, UNTIL I TRIED THE METHOD I JUST MENTIONED ABOVE... PLEASE GIVE ME A FEEDBACK ON HOW IT WORKS OR JUST A THANKS WOULD DO, JUST EMAIL ME AT [email protected]
    Please stop SHOUTING.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-11 02:52 AM
    for those that have 3.1 and have problem with redsnow 7/8 and and are trying
    to dfu mode but no luck try this it worked for me

update itune (i got 8)
    restore iphone, but before you clike restore, hold "Shift" clik restore
    select the firmware 3.0(7a341) if you have it if not download it and itune will install 3.0
    go to redsnow
    follow the instuction
    if by any chance you have no luck
    go to another pc update the firmware with 3.0 and go back to the original you started with
    dont use itune use redsnow
    you should j/b that way it worked for me
    any question hit me up

It won't let me do the 3.0 firmware. Itunes tells me firmware not compatable

I'm having no luck also. Iphone 3g.
    Tried 3 computers. Two are WIndows 7 the other is Vista.
    also tried redsn0w .7 and no luck. Just stuck on reboot. Wish people would actully post how to fix this problem.

I got mine to work. I put the phone in DFU mode. Used Itunes to restore. to 3.0. once the phone came back up and was active on the network. close Itunes.

Make sure your phone is connected to a USB 2.0 port. ANd it worked.

I was connecting to the front USB ports that are not 2.0 and it wouldn't work. Once i connected to the back with a 2.0 it was magic.
    Last edited by jmatson; 2009-09-11 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-11 08:07 PM
    I have a 2g iphone that i unlocked a couple of weeks ago. All went good. But the owner had a virus or something went wrong so he restored it and now its on the sos screen

I used redsn0w to try to jailbreak it again and it is getting hung up on the jailbreak screen. Im assuming that i have the wrong firmware.

I used the shortcut that was directed to me earlier in this thread but now it comes up as a zip file. Well i DL another version of the 7a341 and it is still hanging up at the jailbreak screen on the Iphone

Is it possible that the owner restored it to a diffrent firmware??

Any help would be much appriciated

thanks
    2009-09-16 04:25 AM
    how doest it work ...when i use redsnow it frezes on waiting to reboot i tried unplugging and plugging usb at that point but still failed..also when i restart manually it starts but nothing happens my phone is still locked....what to do i am trying this for last 3 days...also cannot downgrade thru itunes always gives an erroe of 1600 i cleanly uninstalled and installed itunes again but still same problem.....
    2009-09-23 06:56 AM
124 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD