User Tag List

ok im new to this site from yesterday, and new to iphone 3g. this is my first iphone and im learning as i go. ok so every 1 wants to jailbreak to 3.0.1 right??? ok so here is how i did it and so far i havent reached any issues at all with cydia, wifi, or anything for that matter. ok so i had a 3.0 jailbroken iphone from redsnow. so first step.

1. fist off you need to upgrade to 3.0.1 through itunes.

2. once you upgrade to 3.0.1 download or use the same files you used to jailbreak 3.0 but u need to get redsnow 8

THE THING IS THAT 3.0 AND 3.0.1 ARE THE Same!!!(EXCEPT FOR THE FILES THAT FIX THE SMS THING).

so what you need to do is have ur iphone on 3.0.1 firmware then jailbreak it with 3.0 firmware with redsnow 8. NOT WITH 3.O.1 JAILBROKEN FIRMWARE

same applies to iphone 2g. i did it on both phones with no problem. only issue i think i had was that the battery level went down faster after i installed facebook app, so i uninstalled it and is fine now.

2g reqires bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6 just the same as u woulda jailbroken ur phone to 3.0.

after all is completed u will see in ur settings that ur firmware is 3.0.1 jailbroken with cydia. i advise if ur gonna do this with 2g to not only jailbreak ur phone and install cydia but also unlock it at the same time useing 3.9 and 4.6 bootloader and DONOT INSTALL ICY!!!!! INSTALL IT AFTER JAILBREAK BECUASE ALOT OF PPL ARE HAVING ISSUSE TRYING TO JAILBREAK INSTALLING WITH CYDIA.

SORRY IF MY INSTRUCTIONS ARENT THAT GREAT BUT JUST MESSEAGE THIS POST WITH ANY QUESTIONS U MAY HAVE AND ILL TRY TO HELP U ALL AS BEST I CAN.

IMPORTANT NO MATTER WHAT PHONE U HAVE 2G,3G OR WHATEVER DO NOT INSTALL ICY WITH REDSNOW. SKIP ICY, ONLY INTALL CYDIA AND OR UNLOCK. DO NOT INSTALL ICY, EVERY 1 IS HAVING ISSUSES TRYING TO DO THIS. AFTER INSTALL USE CYDIA TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ICY
    2009-08-07 12:21 AM
    Hi,
    I am new since today to this website and I need to unlock my I phone, I don t have any service. It s a 16 G, 3G 3.0 with T Mobile..
    I am looking for some help to get my phone to work again.
    Thanks
    Chris
    2009-08-07 12:34 AM
    Hi,
    I am new since today to this website and I need to unlock my I phone, I don t have any service. It s a 16 G, 3G 3.0 with T Mobile..
    I am looking for some help to get my phone to work again.
    Thanks
    Chris
    Welcome to MMi,
    I assume that you have already jailbroken your phone so here is a link that will help you unlock it. Good luck.
    smaller sig.png
    2009-08-07 12:44 AM
    Thanks so much for your quick reply, that will help me!!
    Chris
    2009-08-07 01:03 AM
    ^ it's why I get paid the Big Bucks, lolz
    smaller sig.png
    2009-08-07 01:05 AM
    I wanna get paid the big bucks too JK - You should be good to go after that!!
    2009-08-07 01:54 AM
    Hey I'm not new to the jailbreaking bit, however every time i finish the Hold power, release power bit redsn0w crashes it never did that before when I jailbroke it with 3.0. any suggestions?
    2009-08-08 12:48 AM
    Hey I'm not new to the jailbreaking bit, however every time i finish the Hold power, release power bit redsn0w crashes it never did that before when I jailbroke it with 3.0. any suggestions?
    If you are on vista, restart your computer and run the redsn0w again...

Cheers~~
    2009-08-08 01:17 AM
    @alvink83 Thanks but it didn't worked, it crashed again. Any other suggestions?
    2009-08-08 01:55 AM
    Try to jailbreak it on another PC if you have additional or try at your friend's PC.
    2009-08-08 02:24 AM
    Funny thing I asked this same question on the "Dev-Team" Forum and its because "ICY" was selected so to anyone else who has this problem just add "cydia"
    2009-08-08 05:23 AM
    My buddy upgraded to the 3.0.1 without checking with me now I have to re-unlock his 2g (my 3g is running great). I d/l redsn0w 8 and followed the same unlock/jailbreak procedures as before and no matter what I do I get stuck on the "waiting for reboot" screen.

In fact, with redsn0w 8, the part where you must hold the power button for 3 sec, power and home for 10, then home for 30, it just skips right over the moment that I press the power button.

Using Windows XP. Switched to every USB port. Tried unplugging phone while in the stuck mode and plugging back in, but it returns to "invalid sim" state.

Any suggestions?
    2009-08-08 05:34 AM
    Try an earlier version of RedSnOw ( 0.7.2< ).

I had exactly the same problem. Also make sure you're using 3.0 ipsw for RedSnOw rather than the 3.0.1 you used to restore your phone.
    2009-08-08 07:45 AM
    Is it really necessary to restore the phone?

Lets say I have 3.0.1, and when i run RedSn0w i just point it to the 3.0 IPSW file...will that work?
    2009-08-10 11:56 PM
    U've probably already got the answer but I found the only way I could get it to work is by going to properties, compatiability, change to use with service pack XP 2. Do not tick administrative rites and do not tick ICY.

I have jailbroken 4 phones with no hassle.

Hope this helps, sorry if repeated as I'm new at this.
    2009-08-13 05:48 PM
    i recently jailbreaked my ipod 1g to a 3.0 firmware using redsn0w and at first everything seems to be working fine til i tried winterboard and it didnt work for me. i picked one theme and after that it resprings for like 3 seconds then blackscreen then viola! nothing changed... im thinking of going for 2.2.1 but i wanna use 3.0 any idea guys?

ooopppss! i just solved my own problem. it seems taht after installing winterboard u need to reboot ur device in order for the themes to take effect
    Last edited by gothicxboy; 2009-08-16 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-16 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD